Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 32 DeVaux at Hershey

HELLO GARY
THE 32 COUPE IN OREGON I BELIEVE IS IN TEXAS NOW I SAW AN AD ABOUT A YEAR AGO FOR A 32 COUPE ON THE HAMB I BELIEVE ITS THE SAME CAR,I DONT KNOW HOW TO LOOK UP PAST ADS ON THE HAMB TO KNOW FOR SURE,THE COUPE IN PENN IS THE ONE I BOUGHT THE ENGINE AND TRANS OUT OF,WAS A LOW MILEAGE ORIGINAL CAR THAT WAS GOING TO BE HOT RODDED,I TRIED TO BUY ALL OF THE LEFT OVER PARTS BUT NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BACK,HOPE THE 32 SEDAN MADE IT HOME SAFE AND SOUND,WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THE RESTO, DAVE

Where Are You From? SO CALIF

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DEVAUX COUPE

Hey guys:
Just looking at the pictures of the 32 DeVaux at Hershey, promoted by the Reinke's. In looking at the other pictures, in the picture of the 2 Mercer's , is that Frank Witkowski looking on from the right?
That DeVaux sure is a sharp looking car.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside

HELLO MIKE
THE ONE IN THE GRAND RAPIDS MUSEUM IS THE FORREST SWEET CAR OUT OF TEXAS
I WAS IN TOUCH WITH MR SWEET IN THE EARLY SEVENTIES BUT HE SAID IT WAS NOT FOR SALE EVER,I BELIEVE GEORGE FERRIS RESTORED THE CAR, I KNOW OF ONE OTHER BUT IVE TALKED TO THE OWNER SEVERAL TIMES AND ITS NOT FOR SALE EITHER,I GUESS IM IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME,I GUESS ILL CONTINUE TO FOCUS ON THE 31 AND 32 COUPES I HAVE AND WILL JUST FORGET ABOUT OWNING A CABRIOLET,THE CARS ARE NOT WORTH MUCH AND ARE HARD TO GET PARTS FOR BUT THATS THE FUN OF THE HOBBY, DAVE

Where Are You From? so calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? devaux

Hi All:

The day I saw the post on www.prewarcar.com I called Howard's son in Michigan to chat for a bit. He said he was 18 when he went with his dad and Myron to get the car in Nevada. He feels it has came full circle.
I talk to Forrest (Chip) Sweet (now in Texas) off and on and he said he restored the 32 in the Grand Rapids Museum. That car was in a garage fire in the New England area I believe. (Gord, I think that car is the one that we talked about some time ago that was in a black and white picture taken at a car show.)
Chip brought two 32 sedans out of California to use for parts. There is a 3rd 32 convertible that was setting in a fishing village 250 Kms from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have a picture the owners son sent to me some years back.
I think George Ferris did restore a 31 sedan. That might be the one that was sold to Jeff Cromeens and now is in the J.and R. Museum in Rio Rancho, N.M. www.jrvintageautos.com.
Now back to the 2 32 sedans that chip used for parts. One of them, a 32 Custom sedan, was completed by him and sold to a man in Texas. He sold it a man that (when he passed)it went to his son....and then stripped of running gear to rod. That car now is in Minnesota. That is the only 32 Custom Sedan known. There is only one 32 Standard sedan known and that is tucked away in Michigan.
There are 3 32 Standard coupes that I know of. Dave has one, one in N.J. and one with a chopped top and no running gear in Penn.
There is one 32 Custom coupe that is somewhere in Eastern Oregon/close to the Idaho border. I do have a picture.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club