Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Irving Kansas Durant Dealership

I have hunted my local area high and low for any sign of the historical presence of Durant and Star automobiles with little success other than the occasional anecdote. Yesterday, a wonderful lady volunteering for our local historical society came across a photograph of the new inventory at her uncle's brand-new Durant-Star dealership in 1924. The dealership was located in Irving, Kansas, just 15 or so miles away from where I live. The community of Irving has an interesting history in it's own right. There were a number of significant natural disasters (including two tornadoes on the same day in 1879), but the town was ultimately done in by the construction of a large reservoir downstream from it's location. The abandoned and overgrown streets of the town are still partially driveable and a strange place indeed to visit. At any rate, I thought I would share this picture since it's my first proof that I am not the first Durant owner in my area. It appears to me that the cars to the right are Stars (one sport touring?), the central cars are Durants, and there is one oddball car on the left just before the trucks. I would be interested in anyone's thoughts on what that last car on the left is (Flint?) and what the trucks might be as well.

Irving Durant

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Re: Irving Kansas Durant Dealership

Great picture Todd, I had a post one time looking for pictures of old Durant Dealerships.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Todd thanks for posting the picture and story.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60

He Rick, is there a way to move this up or copy it to the other posting in Durant Dealerships here on the forum page? Would be good there too.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club