Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Identification of star cars in old photos

I have several old photos of old cars that my family owned and I'm looking for help identifying what they are - my dad is 86 and thought one or more of them were "Star Cars" - and I was wondering if there was someone I could send the couple pictures (1 or 2) to get help identifying them.

My grandfather also owned a Chandler, but that was easy to identify and my dad was sure on that identification.

Terry

Where Are You From? Calgary

Do You own a car built by Durant? No, but my family did

Re: Identification of star cars in old photos

Terry:
If you can scan the pictures and post on the forum, I am sure someone will identify the cars.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside

Re: Identification of star cars in old photos

Terry:

when you photograph: Take the front head on, same with the right and left side and the rear. Take a close up of the "hub cap" it may have a logo on it. Look for the Vehicle ID plate in the engine compartment and photograph that, it will help identify the car. Also photograph the area around the radiator cap, again, there may be a logo in that area.

as Gordon indicated, with several photos, there is bound to be one of our members that can identify the vehicle

good luck

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 4 of them

The Durant Motors Automobile Club