Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Central Chapter Of The DMAC ?

Hi All....

At the annual meeting in North Carolina the suggestion was made to form a "Central Chapter" of the Club.

This would be perfect timing since the 2015 Annual Meeting is in Minnesota.

We have been well represented on the West and East Coast as well as Eastern Canada by the existing chapters.

What are your thoughts and interest?

Thanks......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

Re: Central Chapter Of The DMAC ?

Sounds good to me. Bit closer--Might save me some travel time and fuel money.
I need all the help I can get.
Ken

Sounds good to me as well, I don't fly and driving plum across the continent to a meet is a bit far for me...But, shouldn't this be up to the members in the Central U.S. to decide?...Now, having said that, I belong to two chapters of the WOKR (Willys Overland Knight Registry)club, the West Coast and the Southwest chapters, The Southwest chapter holds their spring meet each year to coincide with the Chickasha, OK swap meet in early March, we hold a block of approx 50 rooms in Chickasha one year in advance for any member of the club who would like to attend on first come basis....Something along these lines may be food for thought if their is any intrest.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

An Central Chapter would be nice.

Yukon Jack....you drive 5000 miles to a meeting, the 2015 meeting means that you only have to drive 4000.

Bill, hitch a ride with Yukon Jack......although you may be touring the US if you do.

In any event....let's encourage our midwestern members to get together

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 4 of them

Hitch a ride with Yukon Jack? Thats a good idea, with all that Durant junk that Yukon halls we could paint "Sanford and Son" on the sides and ride in real class.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

As the lone Kansan, I'd be in favor of a central chapter. Can't get much more central than Kansas!

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

I am in favor of this, since both coasts seem to get all the fun. I would be willing to help out as needed, but I don't want to be the only one. :)

Next year, I am hosting the annual meet in September in MN, so it would be nice to see a large mid-west/central showing.

Kansas would be a great place to have an event - are you volunteering? ;-)

adam

Where Are You From? St. Paul , MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

I'm for it and say nothing ventured nothing gained. Adam thanks for stepping up and offering to organize this. Board of Directors need to approve, but I don't think that is a big thing as we always welcome growth of the club. In the East Coast we have a spring meet in April too, Bill and it seems to get a fair to good turnout. Some that can't make the September Annuals due to distance etc can usually make at least one meet a year. I feel it's very important to have the Chapter meets too so everyone stays in touch, gets help with their restoration projects and has some fun too. Besides I hear Kansas has some great Barbecue. Hopefully you'll get some interest out there, I know I'll show up sometimes. We have an Argentina/South American Chapter now, and if we can only get those "Down Under" to start one (hint hint) we'll have it set. Good luck!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Sounds great to me... At the outset was the idea of a East, Central and West Chapter or Region and until this request we only had the East and West. Glad to see Adam give the DMAC an added boost. Think this will help boost membership in the area.
Had a map of the proposed States for each Region in an early issue of the Durant Partner, but realize now that maybe there should be no real strict boundaries.
I certainly hope to see a Central Chapter.
Roll on DMAC.....

Yates

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint E55 Sedan

When you travel with Yukon jack --you are in good hands --lol All passengers have to provide a bit of the Jack to keep me oiled. Made it home from N Carolina in 4 days--sure long days but the trip was well worth it.. Good times with a lot of good freinds.
Charlie-- Did you get your car trailer home? (and hopefully without ant more problems) I slept for almost all of the next 3 days after getting here
Ken ( yukon jack) McCormick

Ken

Car and trailer are still in NC, but being repaired. Not sure how long it will take but my guess is a couple of weeks since they are having challenges getting some of the body parts.

thanks for asking and we will keep you updated.

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 4 of them

The Durant Motors Automobile Club