Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A-22 Rear Generator / Distributor Mounting Housing

Hello all A-22 owners. I have been in conversation with the helpful Franz Fraitzl about getting some of the plates that cover the rear of the distributor into which the distributor mounts manufactured.

Here are some pictures of my broken plate.

IMG_20140925_102205_748

IMG_20140925_102159_550

For it to make sense to do all the design work and tooling up to make these, it would probably take at least a production run of five. Is anyone else interested in getting one of these? Obviously, my motivations are selfish (I am stuck being unable to use my engine until a solution is found), but if there are others in my predicament this could be helpful to them as well.
-Todd

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Re: A-22 Rear Generator / Distributor Mounting Housing

Does Mike Butters already make these?

Dave

Where Are You From? Iowa

I hope you are right Dave! I looked up Mike's email in the roster and dropped him a line.

These were originally reproduced by John Baraldi (his son-in-law) John mentioned to me that he thought he could get others made as his s-i-l should still have the program for the cnc machine.
Larry Fogarazzo did have John's inventory for sale.. I think this piece is pictured in his durant parts section... www.oldcarlenses.com They are at Hersey at the moment (hard to reach)

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3- A-22, B-22, 633

Bob and Todd

If you go on our links page / Larrys Durant Parts / then A-22 Parts there is a picture or both the reproduced generator end housing and the autolite distributor housing....I am wondering if anyone has these parts in service and how they are working out.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Bill I am using the generator end plate and distributor housing that John made.
My dad bought them John at Hershey many years ago. The end plate is quite good. The distributor housing is useable but requires a bit of work and imagination, as well as a original auto-lite distributor for parts.

I am only just starting to get my car running, but everything seem to be ok

Will

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ont. Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1922 Durant A-22

According to Larry's advertizing; these parts are still available. I have been using the housing with a delco dist for the last five years.

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3- A-22, B-22, 633

I will see what Larry can come up with for me. Thanks all!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club