Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A-22 Carburetor

I am looking at carburetor options for my '23 A-22. I have the original Tillotson L-1A and though I can find a gasket kit for it, I am unable to find a replacement for it's very strange needle & seat arrangement. In lieu of staying original, I would like a recommendation on a good, reliable carburetor that I can bolt on with the minimum of fabrication and adapting. Zenith seems to be a popular choice, but I am open to Stromberg, Schebler, or whatever. What model carburetor is my best bet? Thanks.

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Re: A-22 Carburetor

I have mostly rebuilt my original Tillotson L1A carburetor and made a new float. The needle appears to be rather worn, but I wonder if some of the wear is actually part of it's design? Is the taper supposed to be even along the length of the needle's bevel?

Does anyone have a nice breakdown/diagram of the Tillotson L1 carbs?

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Hi Todd....

I emailed you a scan from my service manual.

Thought it might help......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

I am looking for an exploded view of the tillotson L1 carb. I took it apart and cleaned it. I am not sure I have it reassembled it correctly.

Where Are You From? Spokane Valley WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A22

The Durant Motors Automobile Club