Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Rusting DeVaux's" found

In the fhotograph section Rick posted a picture I took up in Wetaskawin, Alberta in 1992. When we went back a few years later (I again had to convince my wife to take a short drive..to the mall)the cars were sold and they did not have records where they went. Well, yesterday I got a e-mail from the owner. (22 years later). I can now update the Registry.

These were the cars that first started my interest in DeVaux's. It would be great if I could make a trip to see them...I wonder if a "Mall" is close-by?

Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: "Rusting DeVaux's" found

Hope you update Steve as well for DMAC Registry.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Re: "Rusting DeVaux's" found

Steve and I have been comparing the DMAC (Terry's list) and the Registry I took over. In fact, I just dug up pictures Reynolds sent to me in late 91 or early 92. I have made copies to send to Steve for his records. It is still in the works to update my registry on Myron's cars. When I know, Steve will know.
Gary

Re: \"Rusting DeVaux\'s\" found

I know about it Gary ... Steve and I work closely on a lot of Terry / Gillis and other erroneous info in DMAC and Terry's site. One wonders who copied who to come up with some of the info completely different to actual facts.

Re: \\\"Rusting DeVaux\\\'s\\\" found

Norm:

Now the mystery of the 4th DeVaux at Renolds is solved. My old Registry only had 3 at the time it was written in 1993. I added the 4th car when I dug up pictures of 4 cars that Reynolds sent me in 91 or 92. (Car numbers were on the back) I updated everything I had when I first put the Registry in the computer. Now, In getting my information on who got Myron's cars, I find it became one of Myron's. That 4th car went thru a few hands before Myron bought it.

Pass it on to Steve if you can.

Gary

Re: \\\\\\\"Rusting DeVaux\\\\\\\'s\\\\

Sent to Steve .. Gary

The Durant Motors Automobile Club