Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just A Thought This Memorial Day Weekend..........

I fired up the grill near the shed where I am storing the roadster and came up with a thought. I noticed it still has the 1941 Colorado License plate. Could it be that this car belonged to a young man who never came back? Could it be that the family was so devastated that it stayed in storage until they passed?
I wish I knew the full story. As of now I can only speculate unless someone out there knows the history of this car. This is why I am posting photos.

Let's remember why we are celebrating this weekend and be safe!

Bill

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Six Rumble Seat Roadster & 1927 Star Six Coupe

Re: Just A Thought This Memorial Day Weekend..........

Could be Bill, probably was a great car for some young teenager, all he could afford before he joined up to travel to some far distant land. Maybe he did not come back and it just sat waiting for him. On this Memorial Day weekend we need to thank all our Durantonians and every vet who served in all wars, for their service and especially the ones who never came back and are buried in some distant land. THANK YOU ALL!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Just A Thought This Memorial Day Weekend..........

I join you two in your thoughts. For all of you that served, please accept a THANK YOU for your contribution in helping keep the USA free.

Yates & Doris

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint E55 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club