Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Front Bumper.

That actually helps a lot. I was trying to picture exactly in my mind how those pieces norm had told me were backwards were to attach to the bumper and I couldn't quite see it. Now it makes perfect sense. Your's are similar to mine, though mine at the back don't have a long piece that goes under the gas tank. they come directly off the frame on the two sides.

Thanks so much for those photos!

Now just to find one or make one.

Gerald.

Where Are You From? Langley BC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M2

Thanks Frank ....

Now you can see what I meant about fish hooks idea .. Gerald. I was going to draw you a picture and send via my reg mail to you but its been years since taking the drafting course at High School when I could draw a straight line. Graduated top of the class but Fed Govmt put a freeze on hiring. Even my half brother, couldn't get me in the drafting part of the Gov where he was manager, so I temporary went to MetLife HO until freeze was over. 36 1/2 years later, ha ha, I retired from Met as Tax Consultant. Never did get to use the drafting.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hello Gerald,

Have you found the front bumper you'er lookin for....I have a two bar front bumper (flat style) that I think is either a M-4 or a 40 that would match up with your rear bumperetts...The bars are slightly sprung but should tweek back into alignment easily...If this is anything you might be interested in we will be headquartered in Mt. Vernon just south of Langly the 18 of July for about 5 days, the WOKR club is holding their national event in this area, we also plan to take our cars up to Friday Harbour on San Juan Island....Anyway, I could bring this bumper to Mt. Vernon or you are welcome to pick it up here in Leavenworth.

photo 44609d4c-b048-4d7d-b4a2-9782839d290e_zps4bcf8847.jpg

photo 0e31ef1e-73ee-4a4c-bff6-251b3cc073ad_zpsb7201688.jpg

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club