Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need some help.

I recently inherited a 1926 Durant Star R model with the Continental 14L six cylinder engine from Ron Hast who some you remember from posts some time ago. What I need is information on how to evaluate the worth of this car. It is a restored (some years ago) and is in running condition. Very clean with just some minor paint chipping. Ron used to take it to the market and some people know how to park. It is garaged, dry and rust free.
Any information on how to find someone or some where that can help me evaluate this would be appreciated.
Steve Nimz

Where Are You From? Just north of San Francisco

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Durant Star Model R

Re: Need some help.

Not much help to on it's value, but can you please pass along the details to me on this car for the Durant Registry as I currently have nothing on it. Need year, make, model, ID plate info (serial# and prefix letter) engine plate details (14L- ???? etc.) and any other details you can send. All I can add is that there are about 50+ 1926 Durant R's on the registry of various models if this helps. Thanks Steve

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1933 Frontenac C-400

Steve I think it is there but if not here is what I have.
1926 Star R model Coach. Plate # 14L9508. Moss green and black. Continental Red Star 14L six cylinder engine.
Very nice car. Was driven weekly until just recently. Always garaged. Rust and rot free. Full frame off restoration done by previous owner Ron Baudertcher (sp) of Ohio. We purchased the car in Nov of 2005.

Thought I would try and post a pics of the car.
%%bbCodeItem_1%%
%%bbCodeItem_2%%
%%bbCodeItem_3%%

Thanks Rick - Guess I have not got it nail down yet.

Thanks Steve, I did find it by using the engine # you provided, your serial # from the I.D. plate should say L-4542, Is this the same car that was for sale by Cars of Dawydiak of San Fransisco ????

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Yes that is the car. I pulled it out of there after almost two years with no leads. Now have it back at home.

Good to know, for a moment I thought we had 2 cars with the same serial # and motor #, which hasn't happened so far. Thanks Steve

Where Are You From? Mississagua Ontario Canada

The Durant Motors Automobile Club