Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I want to drive a Durant song

OK, old time members. On this web site is a couple of club members singing the "I Want to Drive a Durant" song that was published for a Durant sales convention and performed originally back in the 20's. I think it was a husband and wife team that recorded it on a piano some time back in the 80's or 90's prior to the new club forming, possible for a Durant get together. They also recorded a musical version only, with no voice. Does anyone remember who these two were and when it was recorded and where?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: I want to drive a Durant song

I Want to Drive a Durant Song was recorded in 1981, Jeff Gillis DFR era.
I believe they may have played it again during picnic in Durant Park as part of the Lansing meet in 2000. I think Bob Smith may have more info.

Rick

Where Are You From? California

Re: I want to drive a Durant song

Mike Linthicum
OK, old time members. On this web site is a couple of club members singing the "I Want to Drive a Durant" song that was published for a Durant sales convention and performed originally back in the 20's. I think it was a husband and wife team that recorded it on a piano some time back in the 80's or 90's prior to the new club forming, possible for a Durant get together. They also recorded a musical version only, with no voice. Does anyone remember who these two were and when it was recorded and where?
The song was first played at the Dearborn Durant meet in 1981 as Rick said. We had our banquet at greenfield village and the group sang along to this song. It was recorded by the late Lynn Meeker's(1930 Durant deluxe coupe) daughter and piano accompliant. I've still got the original cassette, that was offered for sale. Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club