Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gotta See This Star Car

There is a super cute Star on Ebay. It's listed as a '25 but is actually a 1927. Would make a fabulous parade driver as is. Maybe someone in the Northwest can snatch it up. I sure wish it was closer to me.
See Ebay # 281317396641

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Re: Gotta See This Star Car

See you also informed him it was a late 27 Star M, which it now shows, plus I provided the info on the 1921 Oldsmobile used in the Beverly Hillbillies on TV.
I found the same year Oldsmobile outside Ottawa, years back, on a farm turned into a saw machine. Touring body was across the road back in the cedars where they dumped metal and stuff out of sight. Frame cut in half and moved one part under the other so power could turn the 4 ft blade to rip boards. They also had a 30 Ford A one the same idea. Brass Ford T rad in the shed rafters, where the Old's shortened frame arrangement was at the farm. Ford A one left outside where remains of the mill was.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

DON- This car is about 15 miles from me.You buy it, I'll pick it up and store it for you and you pick it up this summer. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

OOOOO! OOOOO! OOOOO! Dad Gum Ross, You make it verrrrry difficult for me to talk myself out of this. Do you have a barn or shed to keep it out of all that rain up there? It's really not worth 3000 much less the 7500 "Buy it Now" price but if I can work a deal with him,,,,,,OOOOO! OOOOO! OOOOO! I really appreciate the offer, let me see what I can do.

Don Shilling
OOOOO! OOOOO! OOOOO! Dad Gum Ross, You make it verrrrry difficult for me to talk myself out of this. Do you have a barn or shed to keep it out of all that rain up there? It's really not worth 3000 much less the 7500 "Buy it Now" price but if I can work a deal with him,,,,,,OOOOO! OOOOO! OOOOO! I really appreciate the offer, let me see what I can do.
Well Don I don't have anyway to keep it dry except a blue tarp, but a little more (potential) moisture couldn't hurt it anymore than the last 80 years? Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

I joined this club back in December to seek help on my old car "Addiction". Since then I not only purchased a Roadster but A Coupe to match!
I see there are others who suffer from the same disease as I do. I feel better already!

Now if I could only convince the Mrs...............

Good luck Don on your next purchase!

Bill

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Six Rumble Seat Roadster & 1927 Star Six Coupe

Yes Bill it gets in the blood and with you for life. ha ha It become more than metal / wood which none vintage car folks can't understand. You sure are not alone.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Well, I had a good nights sleep on the matter, and weighed my options. There's not a lot of sheet metal left on this old Star so a restoration to anything is out of the question. It should be left and loved as it is now. I do have the '26 Coupster without a top that I brought back from WA state. It will make a super woody something.
Anyway, someone has already out bid me on this particular car. Anybody we know??

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Wow, it just sold for $5000 smackers. I am without words to comment on this sale. Hey, Frank, the equity in our stash and cars just went up.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club