Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
14L Vibration dampner disks

I have removed the Vibration Dampner and its clutch disk disks from my 14L engine. Does anyone know if the disks should be installed with a little lubrication or dry. I suspect dry, but not sure.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of them

Re: 14L Vibration dampner disks

Rick, treat them the same as a dry clutch. Dry, dry, Dry. Like the driest martini you ever had. Dry as the wind blown sand in August. Dry as Buster Keyton playing poker.
Common everybody, how dry can YOU think of????

Don Shilling
Rick, treat them the same as a dry clutch. Dry, dry, Dry. Like the driest martini you ever had. Dry as the wind blown sand in August. Dry as Buster Keyton playing poker.
Common everybody, how dry can YOU think of????

Dry as a popcorn fart.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I installed the dampener , it took a while because there is not enough clearance between the frame and engine, so I put it back in one piece at a time and careful not to rush the process.

Mission accomplished, just got back from a test drive and the engine runs well again.

Thanks Don for all your help.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of them

The Durant Motors Automobile Club