Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1924 Star Model F question.

A man from Marysville, Wa called me this afternoon with a question on folding the top down on the touring model. This car is a complete car with only surface rust. He got the car with the top up with only one tear in the material. He sees a 1 by 2 wood piece that runs fore and aft on both sides under the top material. These pieces prevent the top mechanism from being folded down. Do these have to be removed or is it possible these were added for stabilizing?

Bill: Remember this car for sale a few years back in Clearview. This man got it for $900.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: 1924 Star Model F question.

Hi Gary.....

I think someone just added the wood pieces to keep the top from sagging. Don't think they belong.

I looked at both my Star tourings, a 1926 M and 1925 F. They have a fabric piece that runs fore and aft on both sides under the top material. The A-22 and B-22 Durants have the same set up.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting

Thanks Frank:
Is the fabric connected to the top material? His wood pieces are wraped in fabric. I can understand now that the first owner probably wanted to keep the top from sagging. Thanks,
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi Gary.....

The wooden top bows on my Stars are fabric wrapped and the 2 "straps" that run front to back are tacked to the top bows....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting

The Durant Motors Automobile Club