Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1931 DeVaux at Auction

Hi All....

In the latest Old Cars Weekly there is an ad for an upcoming auction. It is the Jordon Collection in Enid Oklahoma.

VanDerBrink Auctions. Picture is of a 4 door sedan missing headlights and rear door as well as rear wheels.

Auction is June 7th, lots of stuff. Might be road trip time for some of you!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting !

Re: 1931 DeVaux at Auction

Frank:

Thanks for the post. I do not have any records of a DeVaux in Oklahoma so this is probably a new one to add to the registry.
I have been dreaming of a doing a last road trip to duplicate one my dad did on June 3rd, 1928...in a 24T. That part I would have to change.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

675 off the auction site. Must be different pic Frank, rear wheel with cap in this pic. Crest missing and perhaps that's the door leaning on the pile, hinge is in right location.

photo 008-1.jpg

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Looks like a solid car. If all that is missing is the trim items and headlights you could restore and look for them as they are not things that make the car run. Some may say this would be a parts car,but for whom? Gary, can you think of anyone who is restoring a DeVaux that would need this many parts? Some would say it could be rodded, but let's not even go there. Now if it would go for "normal" money I'd say it would be a good project.(Say not over $2500.00?) What do you guys(gals) think? Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Hi Guys.....

There is a different picture in the OCW article. It shows the car outside, missing rear drivers side door and the left rear wheel is missing, setting on concrete block. Norm's picture shows a better idea of the condition.

Gary...If you need a T to duplicate your trip, I can loan you one of mine, just stop over and pick which one you need.

Got to agree with Ross, could make a good project if priced right. I think the auction is accepting online bids for the cars so.........

See Y'all in Salisbury NC....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting

This is a 31 Sport sedan. Not really that rare. If it had wood wheels it would be a Standard and be of value. The Fall series would be another one of value. That would have the cowl band and have Free Wheeling.

The badge is gone as is the crank hole cover. I can see thru the space above the radiator shell. I think the lower piece of the hood (drivers side) is missing. The gauges, door handles and bumpers have the best value.

Frank: My dad and a buddy took 6 months to go around the U.S. From Everett, Wa. to Maine they used Hiway 2..most of it was dirt or gravel at that time. It took 2 days to get over the Cascade Mountains in our state. No real roads, just right-of-way. The climb up was in reverse.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

HELLO GARY
DOES IT GIVE YOU AN ITCH TO DO ANOTHER,IT LOOKS LIKE A VERY RSTORABLE CAR
HOPE THE DOOR IS THERE IT WOULD BE TOUGH TO FIND ONE,IF THE DOOR IS OFF THAT MIGHT TELL YOU THAT THE WOOD IS GONE,THAT MIGHT MAKE ALOT OF US THINK TWICE,MY 2 COUPES ARE WAITING FOR NEW WOOD I CAN ONLY IMAGINE DOING THE WOOD IN A SEDAN,ALSO WILL TRY AND GET BY AND TAKE PICS OF THE HAYES BODY TAG ON THE DEVAUXS THIS WEEKEND BEEN REAL BUSY, THANKS DAVE

Where Are You From? SO CALIF

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DEVAUX

Dave could you also pass along the rest of the details about your cars for the D.M.A.C. Registry to me. I wouldn't mind copies of the Hayes body tag numbers also for a seperate project I'm working on currently. Thanks

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1933 Frontenac C-400

The Durant Motors Automobile Club