Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
2014 Annual Meeting Salisbury North Carolina September 24-28

Hi All...

Some updates with more costs and registration to follow:

Hotel:
Hotel Salisbury and Convention Center
www.hotelsalisburync.com

I will have special rates and registration codes soon. Over 12 acres of parking so bring that car and trailer. Breakfast will be included with rooms.

Banquet: Saturday evening

Morgan Ridge Vineyard

www.morganridgevineyard.com

Great food selection with their own wine and craft beer

More to follow. As they say down South......

"See Y'all in North Carolina"

Frank
---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 19 and counting

Re: 2014 Annual Meeting Salisbury North Carolina September 24-28

BTT

THINK CHEERWINE!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

YOU MEAN "CHERRY WINE", DON'T YOU???"...I AM PLANNING TO BE AT N.C. MEET...WITH MY SCOOTER SO I CAN RACE YATES...LOL....GARY K

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star trg

Gary

I noticed that the other day, and I figured that Mike had one toooooo many, and forgot to spell check. So we will have to make sure that he limits the consumption of cherry wine so that he does not get to cheery.

See you in NC.

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes four of them

Oh Nooo I do mean "THINK CHEERWINE". No error in spelling there. Curious? Does anybody know what it is. I'll give you a hint, you can pour it over Vanilla ice cream. MMMM Good!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi All,

Gary, I have finished shaving the heads and installing duel exhaust.
You had better be ready ole boy. The race is on..........
Mike, Cheerwine is a bottled soda. Haven't seen one in years.

Talked to my good buddy Ralph and I told him I was bringing a extra
tank of oxygen so I could hold out until he finished his cheerful session.

Looking forward to seeing y'all in Sept...

Yates

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint E55 Sedan

Hi All......

For all you Southern Folk, Salisbury NC is the home of CHEERWINE.

Looking forward to seeing Y'all in September......

Frank ---

I HEAR YOU YATES....I WILL BE ALL TUNED UP AND READY TO RACE.

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star trg

Yates, we are SOOOO happy you two are going to be able to make this year's meet! We have missed you both at the last few meets. Bring all the O2 you need! We will have a great time - as always!

Where Are You From? NJ and San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4 1928-31

Frank & Cathy have finalized the plans for the 2014 DMAC National Meet. Rick should be posting all the information soon here on the web site and it will also be in the next Partner. I can tell from the time and effort put into this as well as what we are going to be doing, it's going to be a fantastic event. Soooo start saving your pennies and get the old car tuned up and the pulling vehicle all ready to come to the event!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Time is getting close, information on the event and registration will be posted soon on the left of this forum and in the next Partner which will be out shortly. Start working on those cars and saving your pennies so we can have one of the largest National meets yet! Keep watching for more information.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Can't wait for the meet !!!! I have a Navy buddy down in Lilesville and have dibs on his barn loft during the stay.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Received my first registration in yesterday! Looks like it's going to be a good meet. Cathy & Frank have outdone themselves getting this together.

MAKE NOTE THAT THE HOTEL INFORMATION HAS CHANGED! THE HOTEL WE HAD BOOKED WAS SOLD TO A COLLEGE AND WILL BE CLOSING SO FRANK HAD TO SCRAMBLE TO GET ANOTHER DOWN THE ROAD.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club personalized group web page is:

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/S/SLBJAHX-DCS-20140924/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Group Name: Durant Motors Antique Car Club
Group Code: DCS
Check-in: 24-SEP-2014
Check-out: 28-SEP-2014
Hotel Name: Hampton Inn Salisbury
Hotel Address: 1001 Klumac Road
Salisbury, North Carolina 28144

Phone Number: 704-637-8000

Room Rat $119.00 per night.

OK - Canceled Hotel Salisbury and booked Hampton inn. You can't hide we will be there! - Cyndi & Don

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 6-14 Deluxe Sedan

Hi All.....

The hotel will honor the Club rate for members arriving early or staying late. You will need to call the hotel to make these reservations. I just made Cathy and my reservations.

All other details of the Meet remain the same.

Plan on attending, it's going to be a great time!

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

I have just added to the Events section the Hotel information, Agenda and Registration form.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Roadster

Rick-- I try ed To print out three different ways and all comes out
garbage (image's). Can not read off copies what were printed.
Ken Brink

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Already received two early bird registrations. So you can start sending them to me anytime. I think we finally got all the registration forms finalized after the changes that had to be made.

Slowly receiving some registrations in the mail, received two yesterday. So far only one person bringing a car, of course that is understandable for long long distant travelers, but please consider if you live within towing distance that you bring you car. It looks like we will be involved in a local parade and car show on Saturday and it would be ashame if everyone only got to see one Durant product there. Won't represent the club very well. So if at all possible, get the car running, air up the tires on the trailer and head South in September!

Hi all, Airfare arranged and paid for, hotel reservations made, registration fee sent to Mike, car rental scheduled, I think we are ready for Salisbury N.C. The question is is Salisbury ready for us Californians? Plan to arrive a day early, visiting NASCAR the day most of you will be arriving. After the club festivities are over we (Pam & Roger VonBergen and us) are heading to Maggie Valley to visit \"Wheels through Time Motorcycle Museum\" and the Smokey Mountains area. Want to joins us? Made reservations at the Comfort Inn for four days. Hope all is well and hope to see you in two months.

Where Are You From? sunnie Calif.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars, Stars and more Stars

Hey Bert, just west of Maggie Valley is Cherokee, the home of the Cherokee Indian reservation and just west of that is a small town called Bryson City in the heart of the Smokies. Bryson City has a great tourist train called "the Great Smokey Mountain Railway. Try to fit a ride in your schedule, great scenery and you'll love the old train. Mostly diesel, but the do offer steam on the weekends. Check it out.

Hotel reservation made: Check
DMAC registration mailed: Check
Working on Durant to bring: Check
Bringing Friends with us: Check

Planned arrival: Wednesday after dinner.

Peg and I are looking forward to another DMAC and the opportunity to see our Durant friends.

Charlie and Peggy.

Who else is attending?

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 4 of them

Right now we have 22 people registered, including Charlie & Peg. Great that Charlie is bringing a car as we only have one other car as coming so far. Durantonians are notorious for waiting till the last minute to register so I hope they start coming in soon. Please consider bringing your car if at all possible since we have a special event on Saturday that could use the cars. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Mike

We replaced the battery in the 1930 407 today, and Monday the throw-out bearing will be replaced, and she will be ready to roll south on September 24.

Hello fellow Durantonians. The big event is approaching quickly, a little over a month and a half now. So far there has been 26 early bird registrations that I've logged in. Some people we haven't met yet and some we haven't seen in awhile. It will be great to meet new friends and see old friends again. Don't wait till the last minute, you can send your registrations to me anytime. Main thing is don't forget the hotel, lock that in as soon as possible.

I know that the meet is about a month away, and I know having run two DMAC meets that registrations come in late, and I also know how frustrating that is, so, if you are attending and have not booked your hotel and sent in the registration, please take the time and get those done soon.

For those of you that have never attended a DMAC Annual meet, we are family, and we welcome everyone, so do not be bashful. Join us in Salisbury.

You will meet new people and you will have friends for life, just ask those that have attended our events.

See you next month.

charlie

Hi All....

Yes we are going to have a great time in North Carolina. Come join us and be a part of the BEST Car club around.

Durantonians can have fun just about anywhere!

It makes planning of these events much easier for the hosts if we know who is going to be at the meet.

Hope to see y'all there.....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

Cars, Cars, Cars, WE NEED CARS!. Please consider bringing that treasured lady to the event. Oh and your Wife too if you got one! We're thin on cars and could use a few more. Even if she doesn't run or is not restored. We love to see them!

Mike

at this writing we are going to bring the 1930 Durant 407.

As for wives, if your wife does not want to come bring your girl friend, and if she does not want to come, find a new girl friend.

and Mike your comment "even if she doesn't run or is not restored, we love to see them!" Does that refer to the cars, the wives or the girl friends? You need to be clear, 'cause I thought it meant, well........., I will leave that to your imagination!

See you in Carolina.

Hey Charlie whatever works!

Better brace yourselves--I will be there again. All the paper work has been done and I have been accepted so look out. Dont know exactly whe I will arrive but you can be pretty sure it will be early. Long drive again but thats the normal way for me. Sorry folks--Norma says no way for her. She wont be coming --so I am footloose and fancy free again. I will be sure to bring my special drink again --got some Yukon jack waiting to travel. Cant wait to see all you old people again-lol--(I am probably one of the oldest)
Hey Bert-- Is James and Aleta going to be there this time?? Would be nice to see them again. Will see you there as well as Roger and Pam.
Take care and see you soon

Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Batten down the hatches....Ken is on his way!

see you in about a month.

We sent in our paperwork (one day late), but I'll be there. Theoretically, I am bringing Ryan, but we won't be bringing the car this year. Due to his law school commitments and my new job, neither one of us have the time available to tow the car across the country.

See everyone in a month!

adam

Where Are You From? St. Paul , MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Hey Ken, Adam and Hilkka I received all you registrations and your good to go. Even though we put the cut off date on there, you can still change you mind and come just fill out the registration and send it to me. As long as I have it say the weekend before the event, If there is a problem just let me know via email and I'll put you on the list and collect the funds there, although it's better to send it to me so I can deposit it here in the bank. Right now we have 36 registered.

hello mike ...my check for meet went into the mail tomorrow...it's already writ and on the table .....count me in.....no car or girlfriend at this moment but the Yukon can carry 5 adults and adulteresses.(male and female...right?)

hahahahahahahaah,....regards, gary k

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star

Gary

since tomorrow never gets here, does that mean your check may never arrive, and sitting on the table is not helpful to Mike.

anyway....see you in about a month, with or without a car, with or without a girlfriend, and just with or without.

charlie

Hatches better be nailed down as well. I just may be in the mood to rip them off and raise cain. Sure planning on having a good time anyway. What can I say-- Good times with good people so let the good times roll.
Ken (Yukon Jack) McCormick

Hello Ken.....hope all is going okay. I see u are going to the meet...Dave Schulte suggested I ask if you are able to pick up a star rear axle from him to bring to the meet for me. Do you drive a vehicle with a little extra room like my Yukon. I am bringing a motor for ralphie and some other spare parts to sell or trade..I would be glad to kick in some gas money or something...
please let me know...Gary K....froggysrod@comcast.net or 610-279-3116 or cell 610-256-3255

Gary
Looks like I will have no problem picking up the parts from Iowa for you. I can go that way as well as any other so its a go. Just let Dave know I will pick them up and Idfansf
will be a delivery boy for you.
Ken

There are still a few registrations trickling in. Don't worry about being late, just send them in as soon as possible and we'll get you registered. I'm pretty sure you can still sweet talk the hotel into the discount rate. Don't want to miss this one, Frank & Cathy have done a lot of work to make this one of the best meetings we've had. Sit down today and write that check, call the hotel and make plans!

Hi all. First of all, sonia & I would like to thank all of you that have called and asked how we are after the 6.0 mag earthquake here in American canyon. Yes we are on top of the epic-center. We are O.K. The house is O.K. Minor damage to things in the house. Time to rearrange the garage. Other durant members in our area are O.K. as well. There have been over 80 after shocks and they really are rattling our nerves. Even thought we may be nervous, we will still be going to No. Carolina. See you in about a month.

Ken, The Millers, James & Aletta, will not be there this year. After all of this shaking, we will be needing something to calm our nerves. Please be sure you bring an extra bottle of Yukon Jack. Bye for now. Bert & sonia

Bert- you can be sure I will have enough of the elixer of life to calm your nerves . See you in N Carolina. Good to hear you are all okay.
Ken

Hay Ken. Sonia says to bug Norma to join all of us in N.C. We would like to see her again Bert

My parents send their regrets. My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer and he is having surgery on Friday to have it removed and to run tests to see if they have it all. Because his recovery will take some time, he won't be going to North Carolina. My mom will stay and take care of him.

-adam

Where Are You From? St. Paul , MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Hey Adam;
Send them our best and know that we will be thinking of them. We've enjoyed their attendance at our events in the past and I'm sure they've had a good time too with the crazy bunch of Durantonians. Wish you Dad luck with his operation and future diagnosis.

HELLO MIKE...ASK CHARLIE IF HE MAILED MY CHECK ...IT DISAPPEARED FROM THE TABLE,,??????....I HOPE HE KNOWS THE RIGHT ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO !

REGARDS, GARY K

Bert-
Norma will not be going --She has to many other things she wants to do before winter sets in. I told her she has the wrong priorities but she is still not going. One thing I have learned after a lifetime of being married-Never argue with a woman. It wont do a bit of good .
See you in N.Carolina
Ken

Ken - it just proves men can be trained and easily at that and women, well.... We'll see you in NC.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star Touring

The count down is on, we are approaching the three weeks before the start of the 2014 DMAC Annual Meet.
Are you registered?
Are you attending and not registered? (Then please register)
Are you bringing a Durant vehicle?

Peg and I, and our NJ friends are looking forward to seeing the Durant Family.

Where Are You From? NJ/CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 4.

Hey Charlie and everyone;
As of this morning we have 47 registered for the event, a good showing of West Coast members are coming in and only 4, maybe 5 vehicles. It's still not too late to call the hotel, fill out the registration and check and send it to me. I will be leaving on Tuesday the 23rd so there is plenty of time for the mail to get it to me. Even if the ole gal isn't purring perfectly, just load her up in the ole trailer and bring her down. Durantonians love to look at cars in any condition!

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club