Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
any idea on how many?

Does anyone knows how many Star R Six are out there in working order?

Where Are You From? charlotte

Do You own a car built by Durant? Star R Six

Re: any idea on how many?

Hi Marc....

I have a coach, Ron & Gloria W. have a cabriolet (they are in NC also).

Hope to see you in Salisbury this September.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

Seems to be 73 in the Registry and 13 mentioned in the Roster plus how many others not in the club.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Do you mind to check and see How many coupe models are registered? and what do I need to do to register mine? Thank you

If I dont have any issue with the car I'll be there :)

Marc ..I hope you are considering joining DMAC if not a member yet. The menu on left side of the page has the Join Us Registration.

The late Terry Kulchycki of Winnipeg Manitoba created Durantcar site online, which has partly been moved to DMAC, again in menu. Click on that, go to Registries, then Star Registry. That has the Stars registered by Plant, Year, and Models. Number of coups.

Steve Large of Mississauga Ont is the keeper of the Durant Registry. stevelarge@rogers.com or durantcars@durantmotors.org or
steve@durantmotors.org or phone 905-271-3669. However there are problems presently with durantcars which was explained in another forum item Jan 6 2014 under “Terry's original Durantcar site” which in part says "There was an issue with that made it not possible to transfer to the club and Terry had renewed the domain name for four extra years just prior to his death. So we won't get it for some time to come.”

Having said that completion of the registration form asks you fill in all the details of your car, which in turn is sent to Bob Smith who sends a copy to Steve for the Registry. You could email Steve directly with same info he is keeping until we have access to Terry’s site.

If I have missed anything Steve, Frank, or Rick can add their comments.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Marc, I have been working on the Durant Registry for awhile now after Terry's passing, I will add your vehicle as soon as you can pass along it's details, Year, make, model, body style, color, I.D plate number, engine plate number, and head & block casting numbers. all the aforementioned details if known, and also if the car is complete and in running condition, a work in progress, needs restoration or parts car. I will also send you back an e-mail letting you know how many coupes of your year are registered, as for how many are running I have no idea as any previously registered vehicles do not indicate if running or not, what I do have is names of some of the owners of those registered if that helps.

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? No 1933 Frontenac made by Dominion Motors of Canada

Marc, firstly thank you for the details on your car for the registry, I wish everyone would send a completed package as you have and nice photo also. To answer your question. I have on my Registry for 1926 Star R Coupe 12 listings of which 3 are from the same Elizabeth factory. Hope this information is helpful to you.

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1933 Frontenac C-400 by Dominion Motors Canada

The Durant Motors Automobile Club