Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rumble Seat Measurements/Photos

Merry Christmas everyone!

Could a kind soul provide me with the rumble seat and hardware photos? Maybe some measurements of the springs and frames?
Front seat info is also needed. Please not right away! This is the time for family and friends! BUT if you get bored this weekend.........

1927 Star Six Rumble Seat Roadster

Bill In Indiana

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Six Rumble Seat Roadster

Re: Rumble Seat Measurements/Photos

Still need photos! Can anyone help?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Six Rumble Seat Roadster & 1927 Star Six Coupe

Hi Bill......

Our 26 roadster does not have a rumble seat.

The front seat has a wooden base and back. Jim G. made all new wood for it. We had new springs made at Snyder's Antique Auto Parts in New Springfield Ohio. We made them slightly thinner to give a little more room behind the steering wheel. Snyder's has the patterns for these.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

Bill,

There are a couple great before and after pictures of Tony Burke's 29 Durant Deluxe Rumble seat Coupe in our photographs page that may give you some ideas....Hopefully someone will help with your particular needs.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 D-60 coupe / '25 Flint H-40

Thank you Frank & Bill for the hot tips!
I realize that trying to find original parts will be difficult. To get all the parts for my 1926 Dodge Coupe took 5 years. Hours and hours of computer time and going to swap meets. Yeah, that was me you saw digging in the white buckets under the vendor's table for precious little trinkets!
I love searching for parts. I guess it's the thrill of the hunt!
Thanks again for all your help and am glad I joined your club.

Bill

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Six Rumble Seat Roadster & 1927 Star Six Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club