Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Duranr Star Newbie

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! As soon as I get home this weekend I will print out the application form and get it sent out. I will also get a photo posted. It's not much to look at but most metal parts are there.
First purchase would be a set of wood wheels. Could someone tell me what I should be looking for?

Many Thanks!

Bill In Indiana

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Model R Star Roadster

Hi Bill
Just checked out the Guestbook on the left. Seems Frank Willis is parting out a Model 60 and may have some of the parts you could use. Worth and email.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Thanks Mike!
I posted some photos. It's rough but this car was a gift from a close friend so it will be with me until I'm under the grass.

Bill

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Roadster

Bill, I would be the last person to disillusion you but, before you purchase any of the easy parts, you need to do a thorough survey to see what other parts and repairs you need to perform. You have a 6 cyl, rumble seat, roadster which is a very rare example of the Star.
I think you will find that it will be far less expensive and time consuming to purchase a more complete car than to purchase separate parts for the one you have.
I started building a '27 coupe in 2004, did research on the wood framing over 3 years, and just recently purchased a mostly complete coupster to finish the search for all my missing parts.
If you desire, you are welcome to come to Texas and check out the woodwork I've whittled out for my coupe.

photo Body5.jpg

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 Star,26 Star X 2, 27 Star, 29 Durant

Re: Durant Star Newbie

Hello Don!

What I failed to show in the photos are several boxes of parts. I have both doors, two frames, all the brake parts are rebuilt, all the demountable rims, hubs, windshield with wings, 2 sets of hoods, front bumper, steering wheel, rear deck lid, and lots of other misc.parts.
What I see missing is the rumble seat lower step plate, all the seat frames, rear bumper, and of course most of the wood.
I have been "Following The Star" thread and love his photos! I hope he kept patterns!
What a great offer to visit Texas! I just might take you up on that when the frustration comes to a boiling point! Too bad your not closer. I live in Northwest Indiana but am working near Wheeling West Virginia. I am hoping to find someone near that travel path.
I am a Machinist by trade and do all my sheet metal work, body work, and paint. My wood butchering skills are low to medium but I have a friend who can whittle the pieces if a pattern is there. Worst case is to be creative and do lots of guesswork. I have been downloading every photo I can of the woodwork but it not like being there with a tape measure and tracing paper.

Thanks again Don!

Bill Kronsbein - Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Rumble Seat Roadster

Re: Durant Star Newbie

Bill
I live about 1 1/2 hours north of wheeling at 44460 zip. Your welcome to stop by any time. You may not know this yet.... but your are closer than that to the "Hookstown Star Emporium"!
Jim

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flints

The Durant Motors Automobile Club