Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question For All Durantonians???

Hi All.....

OK what happened today many years ago, and why is it significant to us??

Good Luck...........

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? way too many !

Re: Question For All Durantonians???

According to the local daily paper "The Advertiser" which has a column each day noting various past historic anniversary dates, an entry reads:

"1908 - General Motors was founded in Flint Michigan."

Have I won anything Frank? If so, will you deliver it, or will I have to collect it?

Where Are You From? Adelaide, South Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Rugby Tourer & 2 Project Cars

It would seem so, and here I thought it was Franks birthday.

History of General Motors

The company was founded on September 16, 1908, in Flint, Michigan, as a holding company for Buick, then controlled by William C. Durant. At the turn of the 20th century there were fewer than 8,000 automobiles in America and Durant had become a leading manufacturer of horse-drawn vehicles in Flint, MI, before making his foray into the automotive industry. GM's co-founder was Charles Stewart Mott, whose carriage company was merged into Buick prior to GM's creation. Over the years Mott became the largest single stockholder in GM.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hi All.....

Yes Frank & Norm are both correct. That was the date in 1908 that Durant formed General Motors.

You both are prize winners!

Cathy & I will gladly deliver your prize in person. All you need to do is send us 2 first class round trip air fare tickets to your town....

Just in case you forgot what Billy's first car looked like, here is a picture of our 1908 Buick Model 10, better known as "Dallas Dollie"

photo aftermodel10.jpg

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? too many to count

They are in the mail .. but if like other mail I hand deliver to the PO they will never get to destination.
Go figure. Cheque to National Geo for renewal, one to Ottawa Senators Hockey for renewal and gift card to my grandson in Thunder Bay, taken right to the PO at different times to be sure they get there, and didn't arrive at destinations. Had to do a lot of scrambling with stop payments and costs. With Sens 2nd one driven to Sens and placed in their hands as past date for discount thanks to PO but Ben arranged the discount for me. Gson came for a 1000 mile visit and got his money that way. Nat Geo I put in corner mail box which got to them. And PO complain folks are not using the mail as much. I wonder why ?? Understand the Royal part of Royal Mail

Still think your car is neat, Frank.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club