Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC San Diego meet

Got back late last night, but had a great time seeing everyone. Weather was great and I want to thank Charlie and Peg for the fine hospitality and their expertise in putting on one fine event! I know a lot of work goes into putting one of these on and everything was perfect!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: DMAC San Diego meet

Mike

On behalf of Peg and myself, thanks for the complement.

We are in relax and recovery mode today, and getting everything back to some order. We are also taking inventory on the beverages, and snacks that were consumed in the hospitality room so that we can pass this on to the next couple of DMAC annual meet hosts, so that they do not have to reinvent the wheel.

We had a great time seeing all of those that attended, and looking forward to the next DMAC event.

Charlie and Peggy

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes three of them

Hi All.....

A great big DMAC Thank You to Charlie & Peg!!

You put on a wonderful meet in beautiful San Diego. Cathy & I enjoyed every minute. We got home @ midnight. This Old country boy was sure happy to get back to less traffic!

It is always good to see old friends and meet new ones. Very well attended meet. Great People, cars and weather.

See y'all next year in beautiful and rural North Carolina. We have some unique tours and sessions planned.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? too many to count

Just walked in the door from another great Durant meet! Thanks to Charlie and Peg for all their hard work. It was also great to meet new friends as well as long time friends. We are already looking forward to North Carolina.

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

We REALLY enjoyed catching up with everyone in "the family". I have never belonged to a group that is this easy going (even though it truly is like "herding cats" to get Durantonians to 1.-take directions with them, 2.-follow said directions)
We had fun putting everything together-and I am sure you all will be happy to know that none of the leftovers went to waste. I boxed them all up and we drove them down to the Midway where we know a lot of homeless hang out. Once I told them I had food, beer and wine-I had no trouble getting them to empty the trunk!
Gotta say I got teary watching everyone hug everyone good-bye on Sunday Morning!
Looking forward to seeing everyone in North Carolina next year.
*The meat rub in your bags is really wonderful on lamb chops! AND if any of your little succulents fell out on their travels to your homes-just stick them back in the container and mist them once in a while-they will root!
Love to all! Oh, and by the way- we just bought another car-1928 M2! Yates- we are keeping Justin's car in the Durant Family!

Where Are You From? NJ/San Diego

I got in at midnight Monday night. I had a wonderful time with everybody in San Diego and a great roadtrip of 5200 miles. Nevertheless, it's great to be back home and in the best recliner in the world. I met many people on the road that converged on the '26 Star on my trailer. EVERYwhere I stopped, folks had to inquire about it's pedigree.
OK, back to Craigslist and get a parts stash lined up for North Carolina,,,,,,,

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 Star, 26 Star, 27 Star, 29 Durant

Thank you for the great meet Charly and Peg, we really enjoyed ourselves....well, except for the Friday the 13th episode when a bunch of our cars bit the dust, mine included.....It is 111 degrees here in the desert in Yuma so we are dropping off the car trailer and hitchin up the travel trailer and headin for the hills where it will be cooler.

Bill and Bjorg

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 model 40 coupe, '23 A-22 touring, '25 Flint H-40

Hi Peg and All,
Sure wish Doris and I could have made the San Diego Meet. Peg, thank you and Charlie for keeping Justin's Durant in the family. Hope all had a great time and we are looking forward to seeing you next year in North Carolina.
Y'all come on down ya hear.

Yates

Where Are You From? Four Oaks ,NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint

I also had a great time. Sort of a long drive but it was worth it . Thanks to the Spitz's for a good meet. Always enjoy meeting the friends each year and hope I can continue to do this for a while yet- **** but getting old sure has its draw backs .I can feel the old bones starting to get weary.
Hopefully i will be around somewhere next meet and ready to party with best of them--
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops b C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi Peggy.
You are a total sweetheart. I sure enjoyed a number of your home made delicious soft deserts that I could eat with no lower teeth after all the cancer surgery. And the cute little jar with the custom label of Cactus jam with a antique car on it. What a nice souvenir from the wonderful Durant meet here in San Diego. Your touch is muchly appreciated. Your special.
It also was so nice to see so many of you members again.
God bless our great club.
Faithfully
Lance

Where Are You From? San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

I would like to thank Charlie and Peg and all who set up a great meet.
All the members who were there were great and so was the weather. When our cars were parked on the pier at the Aircraft carrier,a group of tourists asked me if the cars were worth millions and I said that one over there could be bought for only $ 500,000.00.

Where Are You From? Staten Island New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star tourings (3)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club