Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1930 Durant 614 Right hand drive on Ebay again

Hey I was just browsing Ebay and saw the unique Right Hand Drive 1930 Durant 614 four door sedan listed again for sale out of Louisiana. It's been discussed before, but I bet it has a real interesting story on how it got over here. Must have been exported than at some point imported again. Very interesting.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: 1930 Durant 614 Right hand drive on Ebay again

Yes I was saying to Bob Smith it was same car and he said with Richards body of Australia. Noted taillight lense is upside down, which would be right side up down under ha ha. No dash spears nor room for them.

I did note the push button on the dash but no idea for what. Reason for observation is Ed Pringlemeirs rusty DeVaux cowl has the button, Reg Bents spare parts 614 has the button and I have a hole where button should be. For ?? Seems to be the odd 1931 / 32 but not all. Haven't seen it on 30.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Norm, After dusting off my brain's cobwebs and being a firm believer in Murphy's Law, wasn't there a comment in the last year in the DMAC forum about switches/buttons and the distributor system other than simply starting the car?

Where Are You From? Kokomo, Ind.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star speedster

Hi Dennis .. not sure and just caught my error. Said I didn't see the button on a 30, this right hand drive is a 30 ... sigh, more older age.

Might have been about Startix which eliminates the foot starter button. However a Dominion Motors Owners reference book says which only requires the key to be turned on position and Startix will automatically crank the engine. Several models of Durant and Frontenac are equipped with Startix and all earlier models may have the automatic starting switch installed for a small cost. The book has no date but may refer to the 633 Durant and 685 Frontenac having Startix. So don't think that is it as it doesn't need a button.
As far as checking those we have one disassembled 685 coup forgotten about in a museum and two 633's, existing.

I noted this button on a DeVaux for sale not long ago. If you look on the Ebay car there seems to be another button to left of the pull that's pulled out. Again ??

Just more guessing games with our cars. Like why would my 32 have a rectangular slot at bottom of both rear fenders ? Jacks 32 doesn't but has a sliding pipe thing instead on each. There was a parts 1930 614 sedan on Kijiji in PA a couple of months ago and it has a flip up sun visor in front of the driver ??

Sure think our motto should have been "No Two Cars The Same"

Car is now on Ebay again with buy it now for $4000 331019691418

The Durant Motors Automobile Club