Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
oik pressure regulator spring

The spring and ball behind the timing gear acorn nut is in three pieces. It needs to be replaced. Does anyone have a dimension for this spring an/or compression ratio for this spring? Better yet, has anyone found a replacement which will work. Engine: W5 - 4 cylinder

Where Are You From? Redding, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M2 coupe

Re: oil pressure regulator spring

Gerald: Measure the spring wire diameter, spring inside diameter, and count the number of wraps and make one yourself. Music wire is sold in various sizes and can be wrapped on a (ie, shaft, bolt) mandrel somewhat smaller then the spring inside diameter. This will be a trial and error method to get the spring diameter correct. Wrap it on the mandrel several more rounds then the original one to allow for the spring uncoiling and then cut out the piece you need. last of all, stretch the unit to the proper length of the original one. I have made several for the different projects I have worked on. This is the way I made one for my engine oil pressure regulator. Test the oil pressure on your motor using a known accurate gauge and adjust it accordingly.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club