Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Motors Automobile Museum Opens it's doors!

Hello All!
Exiting times at the DMAC! If you look to your left, below the forum button of this web page, you will find a button marked Durant Museum. If you click that button you will be taken to our new Durant Motors Automobile Museum web site. There you will be able to view various exhibits on William C. Durant, Durant Motors, associated automobile companies such as DeVaux, Frontenac and Continental and on the history of the Durant Motors Automobile Club. This museum is a "virtual" museum, that is we have no actual brick and mortar location that houses our collections or exhibits. You don't have to pay to get in as the exhibits are housed on the Internet for now. Initially the number of exhibits in our museum are few, but over time additional items will be added as our collections grow.
Over the next couple of weeks I will be adding additions to our exhibits and tweaking the museum, so check back often. With the help of our Webmaster Rick Botti I hope to implement some very interesting ideas as we progress that will make this museum one of the most informative and unique museums around.
One thing, in order to make the Durant Motors Automobile Museum a success we need you! Members and non-members alike can help make this a great place to educate the public and world about William C. Durant, Durant Motors and our club. The museum needs donations both monetary and actual items. If you think you have that rare photograph, or advertising item etc. please email me about how you can donate the item to the museum. Remember we are a not-for profit, 501(c)(3) IRS designated organization and your gift could be tax deductible in the United States.
I will keep everyone posted as the museum grows.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Re: Durant Motors Automobile Museum Opens it's doors!

An excellent start and bound to be a very popular site.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 Star, 27 Star, 29 Durant

Mike......

EXCELLENT !!!

The virtual museum looks great. Thank you and the Museum Committee for the outstanding effort to make this a reality.

Now we all need to support your efforts. Just think what we can accomplish if every member of the DMAC will add to this collection....

See y'all in San Diego.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? too many to count

THE CLUB WILL BE THE RECIPIENT OF MY 50 YEARS OF DURANT AND RELATED MATERIALS....ALL PICTURES, COPIED LITERATURE, SHOP MANUALS AND WHAT EVER I HAVE THAT DOES NOT RELATE DIRECTLY TO MY ONE REMAINING DURANT PRODUCT..STAR TOURING....WILL BE SENT TO MIKE FOR SORTING AND USE AS HE SEES IN THE CLUB INTEREST. I AM GATHERING IT ALL UP AND HOPE TO SEND IT BE EARLY SEPTEMBER AT LATEST....REGARDS, GARY K.....

Where Are You From? SOUTHEAST PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 DURANT 60 SEDAN ; 1924 STAR TOURING

Hi Gary......

Thank You! Thank You !

I really appreciate your kind donation to our Club Museum.

Very fitting that the guy who started it all is one of the first contributors!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? way too many !

Hey Gary thanks!. Anything is welcome. I've gotten some good comments so far, and will continue to tweak the site as I get time. I have much more to add from my own collection I've obtained over the years. Now how about you all, I know that you have photographs, brochures, advertising etc that you'd like to donate. If you don't want to give up the photograph, just scan it at a high resolution and send it to me, with permission to publish.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

The Durant Motors Automobile Club