Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1929 Model 66 De Luxe Coupe

Hello all. I am hoping someone can help me locate more information on my car. I have a 1929 Model 66 De Luxe Coupe Durant. Yes, it has the rumble seat and luggage rack.

I would like to find out how many were made. We are looking to sell this car. As it is very rare, we are asking a substantial amount of money for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Where Are You From? San Antonio, Texas

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: 1929 Model 66 De Luxe Coupe

Do you have photos? How much are you asking for it?

Dave

Where Are You From? Iowa

Re: 1929 Model 66 De Luxe Coupe

Unfortunately you might have the only one left of a model but with our cars it does not make them valuable, even fully restored. Durant's. Star's, Hupmobile's, Oakland's, Old's and a whole arm load of automobiles are what as termed Orphan Cars. Fully restored $8000 - $10000 range for ours. Member just sold a restored 1930 407 sedan offered at $7500.

Old Auto's newspaper did a write up about value of cars. Luckily one was a very rare fully restored 1932 618 Durant sedan, twin side mounts, trunk on the back and every possible option on it. Value $14,000 today and they said same value 20 years ago, because it was an orphan car and they don't appreciate in value.

There are more pre 30 cars around still and made, than post 29. Even fewer vehicles after Durant Motors failed early 1931 and we continued them under Dominion Motors. Last estimate I heard was about 15 vehicle's by Dominion now exist. I seem to have the sole surviving 32 614 sedan. Jack the coup. One C600 Frontenac, two 633 1933 Durant's again a coup and a sedan, as examples. Are they worth mega bucks. Nope far from it.

I know of a 1929 Old's sedan that was restored here at a cost of $52,000. Most he can get if he finds the right buyer might be $15,000 - $20,000 or less, should he want to sell it in the future.

From the list I have on 6-66's produced, 2823 made Lansing, 4200 made in Toronto, 4200 made in Oakland. Deluxe coup price May 1929 $1075.00, Standard coup $945.00.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club