Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trico Windshield wiper vacuum motor

Ok Durantonians, you've helped me before so here we go. First I'd like to get some pictures of what the vacuum motor looks like above the windshield on the 1928 Durants. I guess it is a Trico, and if anyone has one can you look to find a model number for me. Secondly does anyone have one of these that I can buy? Don or Frank, how about you in all your stash of parts. My car did not come with one when I got it. Probably all 1928 models used the same whether it is the M-2, 55, 65 or 75. What say ye Norm, have any information on this? Any help would be appreciated.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: Trico Windshield wiper vacuum motor

Mike: I have the original trico vacuum wiper motor that came with my car. Like most of the wiper motors of our vintage cars, mine is made of the notorious "pot metal" and most likely will not work in its present state. At some point when i get to that part of the restoration, I plan to dismantle and restore it if possible. I can take some photos and send them to you so you would know what it looks like. I don't recall an identifing number on the unit, but it could be matched up with one by measuring the shaft length and diameter.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Trico Windshield wiper vacuum motor

Hey Steve;
Thanks so much! Pictures would be great. Just had to repair the Tillotson carb on my car because of the pot metal. Working on sealing it so it will not deteriorate any further. Know what you mean.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

The Durant Motors Automobile Club