Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carb

Where Are You From? Kent Wa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant

Re: Carb

Keith The carb looks great. Is that a repro float cover? Hard to believe that these carbs can be so tiny and still get such horrible gas mileage. I saw your recent picture with the cylinder head off, doing a valve job. Are you just "freshening up" the engine? Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: Carb

Hey there Ross, Well this was really just an expirement because the float cover was cracked ,I just glued it together with steel glue and covered it with gas tank sealer. How long this would hold up is anyones guess, but I have been useing a Zenith carb for some time without any problems. Much better gas mileage, never starves out. I blew a head gasket last year due to a failed water pump so I am giving this motor an all round freshin' up.
Hope to have it together for this summer as there are a bunch of great meets around the NW this year.

Kn

Where Are You From? Kent Wa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 Durant

The Durant Motors Automobile Club