Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pre-war swap meet at Chickasha, OK

We will be going to the swap meet this year and are wondering if anyone else may be going...We'll probably be hangin mostly at the south end of the south barn with the WOKR Willys/Overland gang...The swap meet starts this next Thursday and lasts until Sunday.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Pre-war swap meet at Chickasha, OK

Bill
Let us know how it was, when you get back. Never been to that one, but hear it is really great for pre-war cars. Maybe worth a trip some day. Don usually goes to that one I think.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Pack your bags and go !!....We attended last year and BEST one we have ever been to.

Where Are You From? Lundbreck, Ab.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Wow! I just had a Brain Fart,,,,, this doesn't happen very often, but when it does,,,,,,,,,,,,,
What do you folks think about a club meet at Chickasha in the next couple of years? We would have to reserve the motel rooms a year in advance.
Let's hear what you think about it.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Don:
Sounds like a good one to me.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd. Leaside

that would be thrilling....shilling !

Where Are You From? pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Our Southwest chapter of the WOKR have their spring meet each year to coincide with the Chickasha swap meet, to get an idea of costs and things to do we reserve a block of 50 rooms, this year at the Best Western, they are supplying a banquet room for the meeting and a buffet breakfast all for 70 bucks....Beside the swap meet there is a great private car collection up in Oklahoma city....One of the things that has became tradition that I enjoy doing is each evening we literly take over Brahms Ice creamery in Chickasha, lots of car talk and piging out.... Like Don said you need to get the rooms this year for the next year.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Sounds like a plan to me for 2017! How's the room rates, high like Hershey?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Hey this sounds like a better plan for 2014 or 2015. No reason to think of it as an annual meet. Think of it as a combined East/West chapter meet.. it is Spring.

Where Are You From? Tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? a couple

Count me in --I will be there if I can make it
Ken

This is a Great idea, count me in!! I have been waiting for this,for a long time. Finally a meet we down here in the Deep South can Drive to and attend. Dayton, Ohio a few years back was okay but still "up North" for us.

No offense but can not drive to all the Calif meets and the "East" Coast meets always seem to be in the upper North parts of the US. The closest one to us in the deep South that I can remember was in Williamsburg, Virginia a few years back. Maybe in the future we could set up a "Southern" or "South Western" region, made up of the southern states??

If I can get up to Charlotte N.C swap-meet this Spring perhaps see some Durant folks there. Looking forward to seeing all of you guys again maybe in the near future at OK!
Sincerely, Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

The Durant Motors Automobile Club