Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Current Production Ignition Parts

I've been doing some searching to no avail. I think this has been discussed here before, but I can find no reference. Namely, is there a current part number for the distributor cap, and rotor for the AutoLite IGB timer as used on the 1929 Durant D60? I've got a couple of good looking caps but I would really like a new one without paying one of the parts highjackers $100.00 for one.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? And Now, A 1929 Durant D60

Re: Current Production Ignition Parts

Hi Don.....

If the rotor is teardrop shaped check out NAPA,they should have them in stock. You need to use the cap and rotor as a set (they are slightly higher than the originals. Cap AL_59, Rotor AL-58

If the rotor is circular no current production available. You are limited to NOS.

Frank

---
 photo MVC-015S.jpg

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

I note the distributor cap shown in the photo is for a 6 cylinder motor. Does anyone know the part number of the 4 cylinder equivalent? Will it fit my 1928 distributor system?

Where Are You From? New Zealand

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby 4 door sedan in process of restoration

YO Duncan, The four cylinder equivalent of the above six cylinder parts is:
Distributor cap is NAPA echlin AL31, and the rotor is AL32. Both items still available.
Keep 'er rollin'!!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

The Durant Motors Automobile Club