Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
jalopnik Rolls-Royce

Check out the Jalopnik website article on the 1930 Rolls-Royce with the Viper engine. Now read the reader response from ranwhenparked about Durant owners. Sounds like either Frank W or Ken McCormick? Tongue planted in cheek. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930-6-14

Re: jalopnik Rolls-Royce

hey--where do I see this :jalopnik?? how about an email addy or a site addy ?>? I didnt put this up but would like to see it
Ken

Ken The jalopnik.com website is "Dedicated to the cult of cars" and has all types of stories. The one I was referencing above was about someone who has put a Chrysler Viper V-10 in a 1930 Rolls-Royce! But in the reader's responses that follow there is a thought about Durant owners vs Whippet owners that was amusing. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Well we're "hardcore" hugh. I take that as a compliment. At least someone thinks we are really serious about our cars. Now if they would just stop cutting them up to make hot rods out of them. I saw yesterday on the AACA forum where someone took a 33 Continental Beacon coupe and made it into a hot rod in Oregon or Washington. Another very rare car gone. What a shame.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Right on Mike. Was another 33 Beacon on Ebay the owner tried to make a rod out of and gave up. More scrap metal now unless someone was able to salvage a few parts out of it. Steve had suggested that engine as one for Charles and Lisa's Beacon, they were looking for.

Actully that car gave us the indication the US Beacon didn't have a glove compartment the Canadian C400 / C600's do have. Later the last of those came with radio's as well. Just a bit more Canadianzing of the Conny's we assume, like the head lights.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club