Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Firewall openings

I purchased my 1926 Star in pieces so have no record where things go or belong. Pictures are always nice on restorations so I have been checking all pictures on the website and those that I have taken of members cars.
Unfortunately I don't have many good pictures of the firewall. I think I have figured out what goes through some of the opening but would like confirmation. Would any one have a picture of the firewall and what goes through each hole? or direct me to a site that does.
Looking from the front, what would go in these holes?
-there is a 1 inch hole left of the ID plate,
-below the ID plate there is a 7/8 inch hole,
-Below the horn is a 1 inch hole,
-Above the ID plate is a 7/8 hole,
-Above the Vacuum tank is a 3/4 inch hole (guessing it might be vacuum line to wiper?)
-Above and to the left of Vacuum Tank is another 3/4 inch hole (guessing this might wiring loom?)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Where Are You From? Kamloops BC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star depression pickup

Re: Firewall openings

Hi Ken....

Here are a couple pictures of 1926 & 27 Star firewalls that may help. The one without a data plate has an aftermarket hot water heater so the 2 pipes are incorrect. The one that has a coil mounted to the fire wall is not correct, it should be on the generator.

Hope these help.......Frank

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Some

Re: Firewall openings

ebay has star firewall for sale under durant star ....in motors section

Where Are You From? s.e. penna.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 sedan ; 1923 star trg; 1925 f roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club