Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Light globes.

Is there a company in the USA or Canada that still produces 6 volt globes for old Durant cars ect, or do owners convert to more modern globe lighting?

Where Are You From? Armidale NSW Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Rugby Tourer, my Fathers first car !

Re: Light Bulbs

Robert N Heath
Is there a company in the USA or Canada that still produces 6 volt bulbs for old Durant cars ect, or do owners convert to more modern bulbs lighting?

Hi Robert....

If you are looking for 6 volt bulbs, antique Ford parts suppliers are a good place to start.

MAC's Antique Auto Parts is a good choice:

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? some

Thanks very much Frank.

I keep pushing this place. Randy had one bulb, box of bulbs or case of bulbs NOS when I visited. Got all the bulbs for Dot plus one spare each kind.
3 buildings of parts and old green school buses lined up with parts.

Minaker Auto Parts Milford Ltd Est.1925
Address
3073 Cty Rd 10, Box 100
Milford, Ontario K0K 2P0
Telephone : 613-476-4547
Email : randy@minakersautoparts.ca
Category : Automobile Wrecking, Garages Auto Repairing, Automobile Parts & Specializing in hard to get parts.
Supplies Used & Rebuilt

Might also try this place -- in his site you will find a 1937 book on lenses and lights used on common North American cars.

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl/welcome.html

The secondary purpose of donsbulbs is for me to offer for sale every type of light bulb; especially rare, hard to find types that can't be found elsewhere.

I have world's largest inventory of rare, hard to find light bulbs. Plus, my extensive supplier network allows me to provide any light bulb

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

Re: Light globes.

Hi Robert. Food for thought, If are not a stickler for being orignal, Restoration supply Co. has quartz halogen light bulbs that seem to work good in our old cars . the part no. 1129/87. there address is 15182B highland road Escondido calif. usa, Phone no (800)306-7008 or fax (760)739-8843. these are 6 volt 23 watts bal5s. thay fit the old sockets. Bert

Where Are You From? American Canyon Calif.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars

I have found that Napa has -or can get-most everything I need for my car -- Bulbs are available from them
Ken

Ken .. you know I went to NAPA outlet in Smiths Falls and they had never heard of water pump packing, nor knew what it was for. Explained that to them. sigh.

Went to TSC across the road and they were out of it. Went to a plumbing shop in Perth and how much do you need and bought a yard of it. They had a tin full of it. Got home and mentioned to the neighbour across from me and he said why didn't you ask me. (retired plumber) Never dawned on me but yes plumbing places still use water pump packing on older taps, motors, farm items.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club