Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need info

I am trying to replace a broken part on my clutch . It is the piece that adjusts to hold the foot lever at the right distance to work the clutch without grinding or dragging
It is a Y shaped piece and one of the ends broke off . Was wondering why it kept grinding gears and wouldnt shift nicely. I have another piece but getting it off the shaft is the problem - Does anyone have a drawing-/diagram -or what ever to help?
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant - model 614 - Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Need info

Ken:
That piece slides on the shaft and is held in place with a Woodruff Key.
It has to be removed to take the shaft out of the Bell housing.
I assume that you mean the piece that is in between the two pedals and has the clutch pedal adjustment on it.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Thanks Gord-- I finally worked it out-- there is no woodruff key in the slot for it so I was wondering if It was just a tight fit -- Got it off and am replacing all parts with good ones-- should be on the road again soon
Ken

Ken:
Make sure that you put a Woodruff kee in the slot, or you could end up with no clutch action. Ouch!!!

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Guess we are talking of two different things-- The woodruff key was there and its replaced again --I was talking of the piece that it holds in place--It had a broken tab so the clutch pedal would only work one direction- I finally got it off the shaft and the other put on -- Hard to work on it in such a tight area . Thanks anyway Gord. Now I only need a new dimmer switch-- If it isnt one thing its six -lolol

Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club