Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Afternoon Drive in a 1929 Durant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv3nbmq4fPA

Last week I took the Durant Roadster out for a drive on the back roads from Niles, to Sunol to Pleasanton and back to Niles last week.

Hang on!

Re: Afternoon Drive in a 1929 Durant

Great ride rick, I enjoyed it. I could feel the wind in my hair, what hair I have left on top. Car sounded like it was running great. Makes me want to get mine running as soon as I can. 2014 is the target date for mine being restored and I hope to bring it to Charlotte, God willing and creek don't rise.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Rick.....S-W-E-E-ET !
There's only one thing better than getting up on Sunday morning and riding along with you in your Durant Roadster... That's doing it twice!
Think I'll watch it again Jim G.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flints

Neat Ride Rick...

Well it's decided, thats the maroon I'm painting my little '29 model 40 coupe, hopefully it will look half as good...If I get it done by fall we can boogie them around San Diego.

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 Model 40 coup / '25 Flint H-40

Hi Rick......

Thanks for taking us along! Really enjoyable. Beautiful scenery and locations.
Dash Cam seems to be working well!

Enjoyed seeing the sights along the way.

Where is all this California traffic we hear about??

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Some

Hi Rick,

Really enjoyed the trip... Looked like you were doing 90 in some sections.
You could make it to our East Coast Chapter Meet in nothing flat.

Yates

Where Are You From? Four Oaks, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint E55 Sedan

Rick,
It just dawned on me that this must be much of the same road we toured during our Oakland "back to the factory" meet when we toured out to Livermore...I remember it was 104 degrees and I lost all dignity when my A-22 touring vapor locked and I had to be loaded on the chase truck....That was the first trip in my Durant and my shakedown run didn't shakeout to well...Sure was a nice tour and pretty country arount there.

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 Model 40 coup / '25 Flint H-40

Bill, you are correct. That is the very same road we drove on the way to Livermore and the old Durant/Star dealer. Yes it was a 104 in the shade that day.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club