Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Car body

I saw a two door body located in South Dakota. It was in the Links area. I could not repond to the ad but possibly the person can respond thru email or telephone 920=579-9744. Thank you.

Where Are You From? Waupun, Wisconsin

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 2 Roadster

Re: Car body

I've been trying for several weeks to reach this person. The phone number is not working for whatever reason. I contacted a member of the local car club in Rapid City and he left a note on the door of the address. I even called the local police dept to check on the residence because the owner was supposed to be 75 years old. They didn't find anything or anyone either. I have a couple of emails sitting in his inbox hoping for a reply and the car club member is checking back occasionally. I have a Navy buddy in Mitchel who intends to travel over there and check it out.
Anybody have any suggestions on how to contact this person please let me know.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

I probably looked at the car in question today with a former club member, Tom Carlin. Saw the ad in a local car club letter but it turns out it's a 1926 Dodge coupe if the phone Number is right 605-391-4948. Whats there is from the cowl back and that includes the windshield, doors,and tutle with lid. A little rusted on the bottoms.. My membership to this club will be coming soon. Dave

Where Are You From? Custer, S.D.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1927 Star model M

David, was that car body located in Rapid City?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe, 1929 Durant D60 Express Wagon

Hi Don. The car body is located in Summerset, which is about 20 miles West of Rapid City. I'm headed there tomorrow to pick up another car part (Not Star) from the same guy. Dave

Where Are You From? Custer, S.D.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1927 Star model M

The Durant Motors Automobile Club