Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Broken Door Handles

I just got four gorgeous recast door hamdles from Mike Butters. To mount them, I need the spring and special washers that hold the handle to the estrucheon. I'm reluctant to tear up the old handles as they are still serviceable. Does anyone have some broken handles that contain these parts?

Where Are You From? North of the Golden Gate

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Re: Broken Door Handles

mac's model a my have some similar ones..they have several choices....also speedway may have a few

Where Are You From? s.e. penna.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 sedan ; 1925 star f roadster

Re: Broken Door Handles

Hi Vince
Glad you had a good experience with the Butters, I'm going to have them make up 4 outside door handles for me too as I only have two of the originals and they are not show quality. Fortunately for me the inside door handles and window winders are made by the Australian company for my car and I have already purchased some of those, which came out great. They pour in stainless steele, which polish up to look just like nickel.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club