Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Rims" What color?

Need some opinions or help here. Getting ready to paint my fellows and hubs the Riviera green that was the original color. What color would be correct for the Rims? I've seen body color and I've seen silver color? What say ye all? Also the rim bolts, silver, body color or left natural steel? How would it have come from the factory?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: "Rims" What color?

Mike- On my 6-14 I was worried about the paint chipping, as sometimes the mounting of tires and placing on the wheel can be a violent act. I was thinking of having them clear zinc plated which would leave them silver or what I eventually went with was having them powder-coated in a semi-gloss black(60% black I think) Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Thanks Ross, my only problem with powder coating is that if it chips you can't touch it up. I'm leaning more towards silver and I've seen other club members cars painted that color. But I've also seen some cars in shows with painted rims. What say the rest of ye!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

I had my rims powder coated (almond), looks great & I had no problems mounting all 6 tire, the powder coating is tough but you do have to take your time. It helps to have your favorite cold beverage on hand (Iced Tea).

Rory

Where Are You From? Salem, va

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 Deluxe

Mike .. isn't there a paint chart in the site somewhere ? Can't help you with pre 30's but I sent Rick a paint chart a few years back to add to the site on 30 / 31 Ditz-Lac Intermix System on colours used on models for upper body, lower, and stripe. Then has 31 / 32 models and wheel colours.

Ostend blue body with cream wheels sounds nice and must be like the 618 in Ont
Mentions Colorado Gray body and wheels or Brazilian Brown body and Vista Gray wheels.

What does the sales booklets show for colours on the model. My 30 614 booklet shows various colours

Yes goes both ways of wheels matching body colour or other than body colour. Good old aluminum gray and brush were used on a lot of wire wheels, bumpers, and rad shells when we can't afford chrome costs.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club