Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More Lost Durant Parts......Found

HELLO FRANK ANY DEVAUX PARTS IN THE HORD KEEP ME IN MIND IF THERE IS, DAVE

Where Are You From? SO CXALIF

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DEVAUX, 1932 DEVAUX

Remember lads the posting was over 4 years ago. Still waiting Frank to fill a few of my items from the email back then, asking for a list from us

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

Hi,

I am not quite sure who will see this post, but I am hoping whoever reads
this can offer some assistance. I have a 1930 Durant, which I believe is a
4 door, which needs quite a few parts, but the parts that I would be more
appreciative in acquiring are the following: The doors, the roof, the windshield, and the dashboard instruments. If anyone knows anyone who is
selling these parts, I would appreciate any information that can be
provided.

Thank you,

Marc

Where Are You From? California

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

we must know the model..it is on the vin # on firewall or on passenger toe board inside . if none found send picture of engine hood and motor cast numbers on head....pictures are best...if u can...send them to my email for car i.d................

Where Are You From? SOUTHEAST PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 DURANT 60 SEDAN ; 1924 STAR TOURING

Unc Gary ... all the 1930's have same bodies inc the odd ball 617. My 32 is same body different dashboard and instrument cluster and gauges. Can't switch gauges 30 to 31 / 32 and vice versa. The E and 670 Frontenac should be the same body just dropped frame.
31 DeVaux was patterned after the Durant but swing out windshield, door handles on the flat of door not molding, and 3 door hinges.

You recall that abortion 1930 614 with crescent moon back window and body height raised, that was bought and turned into a hotrod ? That rod was for sale not long ago. Anyway it had a 31 / 32 dash board I guess to make it seem newer in its past but they couldn't make the heat gauge fit the instrument cluster. That's what caught my eye, our fancy gold cluster and gauge not fitting. You can change dash boards 30 to 31 / 32 since bodies the same. 30 is two piece electric heat gauge and 31 / 32 one piece fluid (need one for mine).

Can't always go by what you see as we know with our cars. 1930 614 can and can't have spear louvers over vertical ones. 407 a space in middle between louvers. 1930 piano hinge and 31 / 32 chromed strip the top halves slide in. Engine casting info is a help but also not gospel. We have a 614 here with 615 casting number which is truck not car and appears to be right from plant.

I was going to suggest having a look at the photo's section for ideas but a lot of it doesn't work and Rick thinks he knows what's wrong.

Yes a few pics of this car and engine casting info could help with identification.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club