Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Valve Clearances for Hall-Scott 6-75

I'm Rebuilding the engine on my 1931 De vaux. Does anyone know the valve clearances on the motor? Thanks

Where Are You From? Elk Grove California

Do You own a car built by Durant? !931 De Vaux

Re: Valve Clearances for Hall-Scott 6-75

ILL CHECK TONITE WHEN I GET HOME BUT I BELIEVE ITS 6 ON INTAKES AND 8 ON EXHAUST,INTRESTED TO KNOW WHERE YOU GOT PARTS ON OVERHAUL, DAVE

Where Are You From? SO CXALIF

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DEVAUX, 1932 DEVAUX

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply. I purchased the car at a garage sale! I believe it is 100% complete it's just that it was dismantled 25 years ago so its kind of a giant jigsaw puzzle. Overall it looks to be in good shape, the motor is fairly clean...just all gummed up and stuck. Going to try and get it back together!

Thanks again

Sean

Where Are You From? Elk Grove CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 De Vaux

THE ENGINE IS NOT A HALL SCOTT ITS A CONTINENTAL DESIGNED BY COLONEL HALL FOR NORMAN DEVAUX,IS THIS THE DEVAUX COUPE THAT RESTORATION WAS STARTED BACK IN THE SIXTIES,IF SO THE DAUGHTER AND SON IN LAW CONTACTED ME ABOUT BUYING IT ,I TALKED TO THE FATHER JUST BEFORE HE PASSED AWAY,THEY CONTACTED ME RIGHT AFTER HE PASSED BUT NEVER HEARD ANY MORE ABOUT NEXT CONTACT SAIDIT WAS SOLD,GLAD TO SEE ITS BEING RESTORED,IF YOU NEED ANY HELP THAT I CAN GIVE MY EMAIL IS DAVESPLACE2010@YAHOO.COM, THANKS DAVE

Where Are You From? SO CXALIF

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DEVAUX, 1932 DEVAUX

The Durant Motors Automobile Club