Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2013 East Coast Spring Meet

It is time to start thinking about the East Coast Spring Meet. I know Winter is just upon us, but it does take time to get the wheels in motion so to speak. Where would the chapter like to head this spring. Probably will shoot for April again as the snow is usually off the ground by then in most places. Last Spring we went to Charleston, South Carolina at the request of some members and everyone who attended said they had a great time. No one brought cars which was very disappointing but with Frank & Don they almost had one in parts. We still had a great turnout though. So where would everyone like to have one. Someone suggested up state New York. We've never had one there and it might be a nice place to visit. Other places might be Virginia again somewhere so let me hear from you all.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: 2013 East Coast Spring Meet

Hi: Tom and I would like to go to Va. head to a warmer area. We do always enjoy ourselves when we can make it.

Where Are You From? Pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

new york north is a bit hilly and might be less good for trailers and such....i think southerly is better.

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3....2 1929 durant model 60's and a 1925 star F roadster

Mike

What is as important for Peg and I as the location is the date.

As for location:

Virginia: There are three general options: 1. Virginia Beach, 2. Williamsburg, and 3. Charlottesville.

North Carolina: Asheville

New York: Catskill Region, Finger Lakes Region

Georgia: Savannah

just some thoughts.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Someone told me the Bath, New York area was a good one to tour, and some of the places Charlie suggested are good too. We've been to Williamsburg before, but there is plenty to do for everyone. Western Virginia is also nice, Charlottesville and Roanoke are an area we have not been to. Roanoke has a nice transportation museum I understand. Savannah is kind of far South. Not for me as it's a 3 hour drive, and there is also plenty to do there, but I'm afraid we would get into the same thing as Charleston with no one wanting to tow their car that far. We will be in North Carolina for the 2014 National Meet in the Charlotte area. Asheville is a great area, with nice roads to tour on, I'm a route could be had that was not to hilly for the cars. The Biltmore Estate is a great place to tour, a true American Castle. Anyone else have anyplace they would like to go to?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Even thou Dorothy and I have been to two of the East Coast meets that were closer to Michigan, and that the fact Dorothy is now retired we are thinking on trying to make this up coming meet. We would like to do Asheville, N.C. or Williamsburg,V.A. or Possible Virginia Beach,Norfolk area. Our input.

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 4 door sedan

In 2005 or early 2006 we traveled to Williamburg for the East Coast meet. Got thrown out of the lobby at that hotel for being a routy bunch. You know how the Durantonians can be, maybe they have new management now and will not remember us. I don't mind going back there again as there is plenty to do and some nice roads to travel around the area. What do ye all say? Come everyone lets hear from you, it's your meet. Charlie once I can get an idea on the place we're going, I'll search for what is happening in that area for that month so there are no conflicts then we can decide on a time. I know April is a busy month for you and Peg.

Mike you have our okay for the Williamsburg area. But we would not be able to bring our Durant.

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 4 door sedan

Williamsburg is a nice location, there is a lot to do in the area. Easter is March 31, and the NCAA Final Four game is April 8, the rest of the month is challenging for us, but if the date you choose fits into our schedule we will be there, but no promise that we will bring a car.

peggy and charlie

I could probably bring my car, Even though she's not been started in 35 + years. Any time in April would be great.

Rory

Where Are You From? Salem, Va

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

My mind is stuck on the Finger Lakes area. I like Watkins Glen and the Corning Museum ; maybe a winery tour. BUT ! it would be difficult to not have The Spitz for entertainment and photography. End of March to the start of May is fine for us. Is it close enough for Gary? Not too hilly as I recall and not flat enough to be boring. I may even bring my 32 Durant RS Cpe.

Where Are You From? Whitby ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES

Jack

thanks for the comment, and as I have indicated, location is not the issue for us, but the date will be.

I know that Peg and I have to make a trip to San Diego in April to finalize the Annual Meeting in San Diego in September.

And the Finger Lakes are a nice location.

Hi All.....

I like the idea of some where in New York. We haven't been in that area yet. This would give some North East and Canadian members a chance to "experience" the doings of the East Coast Chapter. Might also result in more cars showing up!

Cathy & I would probably bring "Ginny" our new B-22.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? some

The further south the event is held, the less likely I will be able to bring car. Since I live in Minnesota anything on the East Coast will take at least 2 days to drive and going south means an extra day or two in each direction.

adam

Where Are You From? St. Paul, MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Was wondering if there is any new info for Spring meet?

Where Are You From? Pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hi Tom & Karen;
Working on it now that the holidays are in our rear view mirror. Hopefully will have something roughed in by mid next week as soon as I make some phone calls. Looks like it probably will be in Northern Pennsylvania or lower New York. I've been told Scranton has some nice things to do and also the Corning N.Y/Bath, New York area. Also need to find a date it will also probably later in April. I will keep all you posted.

Thanks Mike will watch the site for the info. Looking forward to being able to go, just have to set up Grandkid care so we can attend.

Where Are You From? Pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

i will hope to go anywhere the meet is held...gary

Where Are You From? s.e. penna.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 sedan ; 1925 star f roadster

That's great news. I am really looking forward to the Spring meet. I couldn't go last year due to some conflicts, and I am hoping to bring the Durant this year. I have a new truck with a Diesel ready to do some cross-country pulling.

adam

I know you have to do what's best for the club, but we will have a work conflict on April 17-19 if it is planned then. I know you have to do what's best for the club and not a specific member, but if you can make it on a different weekend than that, it would be helpful for us. And we should be able to bring the car.

adam

The Durant Motors Automobile Club