Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
transmission for a 1930 612

My transmission is dis-assembled and in a wood soda crate, awaiting re-assembly. (I hope I have all the pieces) Is there any manual available that would show the parts, and a possible assembly pattern ? thanks for your help. George

Where Are You From? Eagle River, WI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 4 door 612

Re: transmission for a 1930 612

Yes I think so. The 1935 parts catalogue shows a three speed and what goes where. Will copy to you to see if it helps.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Thanks Norm, I'll copy it and have a look at it. It just might do the job.
Much appreciate your help. George

That's out of the US 1935 Owners parts catalogue. The Can 1935 catalogue has exact same picture and info except it has a note under View of Three Speed Transmission that says this

Note - Countershaft drive gear, low speed gear, and second speed gear furnished as cluster assembly. (guess here we could buy that separately but doesn't give a price, yours does for $$8.35)

Catalogues are similar yet not. Yours has that complete four speed tranny for $37.50 but ours is broken down as parts only for four speed 615 - 616 Rugby trucks. Yours says very little on transmission parts giving the impression the tranny parts are same 1922 to 1931 for all vehicles and models, Rugby, Durant, and Star. Ours breaks it down by models.

Catalogues .. US 24 pages / Can 28 pages

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Thanks Norm, I have a feeling that by using the pic you forwarded, we can complete the task. Regards, George

The Durant Motors Automobile Club