Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Met Master Bert Babick and His lovely wife weekend last in Roseville

Past by a shop/store/parking lot in Roseville, Ca sunday past..well, as most.."Cool Cars" lets stop.
As my wife and I strolled the parking area, My wife pointed out, Hey look.. Two Durants...what the heck?...Thats when I had the pleasure to meet my first fellow Duranthead (bert) and His lovely wife, who I'm kicking myself to remember her name. Beside Bert and his 27 Star 4 door, was another very kool gentleman from the cofax area with His Durant 2 door coupe, and another Kat, that showed me a picture of His 4 door he had not brought to the show.. I tell ya what, what knowledge was gained . When I told them of my 28 speedy , they said they wished I had brought it.. we said our good byes, but on the way home, one of my twins, suggested we run back over with the 28 durant speedy.. After a push start for a weak battery, and down the hill from rocklin to roseville we went (son first ride also) arrived at the show and was given entry and rolled up the Durant/Star car area(ok, two parking spaces) Bert and others were very nice with their comment as well as the passer by folks.. It was great, new friends make .. no better way to share a hour or so, and learn more then I'll every need to know about durant from Bert "large Brain" of knowledge.. blew my mind.. said good byes as we had plans I needed to get back too , then the weak battery slowed off again..nothing...no fear Bert;s lovely bride said "get in, we'll push start ya" what a gal eh?.. and thoughts of Bert behind the wheel at any hour, as she pushed any number of his past projects and tresures at one time or another.. Bert, your a lucky man..
Again, thanks for the kind words from all at the show, sorry I didnt remember all the names.. "I'm not real smart, but I can lift heavy things"
should explain it. hope Rick got my photos and may add me to the photo section one day. not pretty, but not melted down, or rusting away in some field.
Kind regards Dave Grimmitt

Babick

Where Are You From? Rocklin, ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, 28 ******* speedster

Re: Met Master Bert Babick and His lovely wife weekend last in Roseville

Dave

Her name is Sonia, and she is the 1920/30 Fashion expert for the club.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Aw...yes.. Thank you..
The lovely.."Sonia"
She was so cute when she told me to hop in, we'll push ya, and just shouted (in a lady , gentle way) come on push...with a laugh.. She is a peach for sure.

Hi Dave
It's great you had the opportunity to meet one of the finest DMAC ambassadors you can find around. Bert an Sonia are the greatest people. You just had a taste of how friendly and welcoming the DMAC is. Now don't be a stranger to the DMAC West Coast or National events even it you don't bring your car. We have originals, perfectly restored cars, hot rods, race cars, trucks, buses and of course speedsters all with Durant genealogy in the club and all are welcome. Hope to see you at an event sometime.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Mike , Charlies
Thanks for your hello's and kind welcomes. I hope to stick around awhile.
cheers.

Hi Dave & others: Thanks for the kind words and this goes to show you how many people we get to know if we show our cars at local small shows. I truly enoy talking about the Durant/Star cars because they are so unique. With all these kind words, my head has swollen up so big I'm afraid to catch the plane for the convention. Dave thanks for your comments and hopefully our paths will cross again. By the way, the gentleman who showed you the picture of his car is James Miller. His car will be back on the road shortly (I hope). Hope to see everyone at the convention, less than two weeks away. Regards, Bert

Where Are You From? Sunny California

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars, Stars, Stars

The Durant Motors Automobile Club