Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone going to the "Bay to Birdwood" Next month?

Hi,
Just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone is heading to the Bay to Birdwood Rally in Adelaide next month?

This is an Australian Rally , it runs from the beaches of Adelaide through the city and up through the hills to Birdwood, home of the National Motoring Museum. A run of around 70kms.

I believe one of the biggest held over here. There are currently over 1100 entries so far, So now I have entered,I do hope to see another one or 2 Rugby's etc there and meet other like minded people.

Thanks
Kevin

Where Are You From? Portland, Vic, Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D40 Tourer

Re: Anyone going to the "Bay to Birdwood" Next month?

Kevin;
I hope more of the Rugby owners "down under" join you. Take some pictures and post them or send them into our Editor with a short story. Love to see the Durant products in events and see what other people are doing with their cars.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

G'day Kevin
Yes I will be there, but unfortunately not in My car as I have not as yet replaced the broken crankshaft in my Rugby.
But more fortunately my Car Club is the Vintage Sports Card Club of South Australia which owns the 1926 Rugby tested in the Special Interest section under Personal Stories 1926 Rugby Road Test, which I will drive on the Club's behalf.
I will PM on your Email with my Mobile and we can meet up somewhere, and at some time if I can pick your brains for info on where you obtained your head studs.
Regards
Frank

Where Are You From? Adelaide, South Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Rugby Tourer & two project cars

Hi Frank,
It would be good to catch up. My number is 0417231143. I know of another going, a 24 Rugby. This fellow is part of the Vintage drivers club from Melbourne. A group of 40 cars dropped in to our museum for afternoon tea on monday. It was good to see an impressive display of cars. They are taking the coast road to Adelaide for the Bay to Birdwood. As for head studs, I got them from my friend at PortCity Engines here in Portland.
Thanks
Kevin

Where Are You From? Portland

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Rugby D40

Hey Frank, Kevin and everyone from Down Under as we say. We just met another of you Aussie's at our National Meet Trevor Grieve. It's always a pleasure to have some of you take that long long trip to visit us over here. Now when are you all going to start an Australian Chapter of the DMAC. I know you are all stretched out in a very large country, but hey we get together several times a year from all parts of this one. Someone just needs to take the ball and run with it. We have a Canadian Chapter, a South American Chapter so let us get going on an Australian Chapter we'll help anyway we can from the main club.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

The Durant Motors Automobile Club