Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distributor replacement parts

Does anyone know the correct NAPA part numbers for the distributor cap, rotor, points and condensor for the Autolite distributor from a 1926 Flint 6E continental motor? The numbers listed on the tech page under Durant cars appear to be incorrect.
Thank, Jim G

Where Are You From? OHIO

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flint

Re: Distributor replacement parts

Hi Jim......

In one of my old NAPA catalogs the only Flint listing is as follows:

1926-27 All engine models;
Cap AL 18
Rotor AL 17

I may have a set of points if you need.

Also try Ben McAdams in WV, he specializes i n obsolete ignition parts. His contact info is in the parts & services directory.

Frank
---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Some

Club member Tom VanMeeteren in Nebraska (402-359-5762) tsvanmeet@gmail.com deals in NOS early ignition parts.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Jim
When you get your dist cap be sure to get a new rotor as well --Or check to be sure the old rotor is not to high or low to fit the new cap. Napa has most of the parts you need. I got mine there a while back.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-Deluxe rumble seat coupe model 614

Thanks for the replys everyone. The NAPA in town must have the same book as you Frank... they list the A18 cap and the A17 rotor to fit all Flints. I've orderted these. Thanks
Ken... I've heard that you must get the matching cap and rotor because of the height, Thanks
Gary... If these parts don't work out, I'll give your guy a call. Thanks for your input also
Jim G.

Where Are You From? OHIO

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flint

The Durant Motors Automobile Club