Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Got me a Star...

Wow... ok here we go. Sorry about the repost for anyone that's seen me goofing around. Trying to figure this stuff out.

I got me a 26 Star from Idaho for $1. =)

So it's not in the best condition...

Sorry if this thread brings hate down on me... Without spending too much this is the best I could do... I'm looking at the bright side. The car could still be sitting on 3 pallets and I'm bringing her back to life with a little more pep. =)

I like this...

Where Are You From? Los Angeles Ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star Model M

Re: Got me a Star...

Hey Jay
Just wanted to comment on your post. The DMAC is not judgementel and does not hate any fellow Durant/Star owner. There are several hot rod type Durants out there in this country and all are welcome at our events. After all the basis of the Hot Rod is a Durant product. Several years back in Auburn, Indiana a fellow Durantonian brought a hot rod to a meet. I don't remember him having any problems out of anybody and was welcomed with open arms. Sure there are purists, like myself, who feel strongly about restoring a car to its original state for future generations, but sometimes a car is just too far gone or not enough is there to do a good authentic restoration. And parts to complete a good restoration are getting harder to get for sure. Just like us, drive her and enjoy her and tell the people that are curious that it's a Star and part of the Durant legacy. That gets the word out which is all we in the club want to do recognize Billy and his cars. Besides, looks like you have an original classic in the garage next to her. I think you've done a great job from Pallet to on wheels.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Thank you for the warm welcome Mike! My dad has actually raised me with much of that purists intent. You are correct about my 48 Ford... I'd like to think that the purists in me is why I'm keeping my Ford 6v and not switching it over to 12v. =)

As far as the Star... I have many parts that may or may not be used. I'll be sure and offer them up once I find they are usable or not. I'd like to use as much as possible, if possible.

Where Are You From? Los Angeles

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star

Wow! When I saw your first picture I thought you'd never be able to make anything out of that pile of parts. It looks like you're well on your way to something. Keep us posted on your progress.

Vince

Where Are You From? North of the Golden Gate Bridge

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Looks like your having alot of fun with your new found parts,good on you. Just a thought about the extra parts. Some of us with original type cars and trucks would be interested in the left over parts. I am interested in the wheels and rear for spares. Please let me know when you have finished sorting them out.

Good Luck, Bruce

Where Are You From? Daytona Beach, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Durant Woody Star [ huckster ]

Most definitely Bruce.

I'll have to come up with a list of things I might use and things I won't use and be willing to part with.

Like the rear with 2 wheels and brakes. I won't be using it but love the look. Not as "Yard Art" as some might say or do but "Garage Art". =) I've had the car only a few weeks but I'll definitely think about all the parts.

Jay

Where Are You From? Los Angeles Ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star Model M

The Durant Motors Automobile Club