Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1926 star parts pictures needed

hello men.
i have had a request from a member for pics of the following parts....steering wheel, top bows for touring, door hinges. door latches....for a 1926 star touring with regular rear doors...can anyone help them out????
send pictures to me, gary k at froggysrod@comcast.net or put them on forum if you can...member stephanie will get them either way....does anyone have a star touring near las vegas?????

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3....2 1929 durant model 60's and a 1925 star F roadster

Re: 1926 star parts pictures needed

Mines a 25 Touring. I think they're a lot alike but not sure. I'll gladly send pictures if he wants.

Where Are You From? North of the Golden Gate Bridge

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

thanx vince...send to

stephaniec@lvcoxmail

she is in vegas area.

anyone else that can help? frank, what manuals do you have ...for her model F 1926 touring????

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3....2 1929 durant model 60's and a 1925 star F roadster

Gary, Would the left front door hinge be the same as the rear (right or left) even on a suicide door, off of my 1926 Star? The hinge(s) are still in the wood.

Where Are You From? Kokomo,IN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star speedster

Hi All.....

According to my parts book all open cars (roadster & touring) used the same hinges both front and rear.

Durant part # 21445 This was the same for models M, M2, M4, 40, R, and 60.

This is an assembly with the hinges for each door connected together.

If you have a copy of my illustrated parts book, look on page 86 for a picture of the hinge.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

dennis...yes that looks like the one...parts book shows it two hinges on connector strap like frank says.....
hey stephanie,...email dennis if you are interested....next is steering wheel...pics and measurements anyone????? and what about handles....i think i have a picture if them...i will check...
Yes...emailed you 3 door handle types and two steering wheel pics...we need some backup on steering wheel measurements....

The Durant Motors Automobile Club