Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer edition

Anyone receive their summer edition of the Durant Magazine yet? I have not, maybe too soon....

Where Are You From? Toronto, Oh

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant coach 614

Re: Summer edition

Hi Jim.....

I proofed the summer edition of the Partner last week.

It should be arriving in your mail soon.

Carol has done an excellent job as usual.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Some

Frank:

soon. is that like check is in the mail?

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Your correct Charlie! The check (and Partner) where in the mail.....

Mine arrived today 7-2-12

Frank

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Some

My copy arrived today.
Great Job Carol!!

Rick

got mine also...great as usual....

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3

Frank & Carol,
Got my copy last night and read it cover to cover. Great job!

One Suggestion; Please put a note on the inside front cover and back covers or index page what the Front/Back Cover picture is; i.e. Who, What, Where, and When if not on the picture. This is done by other Club mags and is very helpful. Thanks.

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

Hi Carol and to all who contributed,

Another great issue.....
I also have a suggestion...Expand the Club Presidents to include Lance Haynes and Rick Botti rather than just the Founding President and the current President.
Just a small thing but feel they should be recognized.

Carol, I just can't say enough about the great job you are doing.

Yates

Where Are You From? Four Oaks, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 Durant Touring

Received mine yesterday, great job to all who contribute to the Partner. I think it is one of the best club magazines going. Great job, Carole.

Where Are You From? Toronto, Oh

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant coach 614

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.. I love getting feedback.. you all are the greatest! and it is a pleasure to put this together for all of you to enjoy.

I think I put an Editors note at the end of Ricardos article that brings you back to the front cover picture of him and his favorite car. But there should have been a id right on the cover as well.
I also think it is important to list not only the years of the cars, but the model numbers as well.. not all members are clear on this and our member listing doesn't always have the correct info.

I also would love it if a computer friendly member would volunteer to be the last minute proof reader before the piece gets printed. So don't hesitate to contact me!

And don't forget to keep those articles coming.. no matter how small.. If you don't write, then just sent me pictures of your cars. We need more big images for the Front covers of the future!!
~Carol
editor of the Durant Partner
and a big fan of everything DURANT

Where Are You From? S. Vermont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many :)

Thanks for another great edition Carol.
Got our copy today : IT'S GREAT !!!!

Where Are You From? Whitby, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yup

Just returned from San Diego and my Partner was waiting for me to read.

WOW! Carol, another BRAVO ZULU for a great issue.

To Judy Woodward, nice article about the East Coast meet, and I really love the Key Phrases to Remember! Peg is still in SD so she has not seen the Partner, but I know she will laugh when she reads this article.

the cover, what a nice photo to put on the cover.

We should be very proud of our editor/publisher and friend, Carol does a great job. I am impressed, and those of you that know me it takes a lot for me to be impressed.

I am looking forward to Michigan so that I can photograph this annual meeting, especially getting photos of Durants/Stars with lighthouses in the background. Bob Smith, if you are reading this, please take note, that I want one of my photos on the cover of the next Partner, and if you give me the opportunity I can get a great photo.

See you in Michigan, and again Carol BRAVO ZULU.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Seems like everything has been said about the issue . I cant think of anything else except to say that I got my issue today --every thing else was dropped and I went through it from front to back-(as usual) This is another great issue and will be saved with all the others I have recieved over the years . My book case is beginning to get a bit crowded but the partner will always be found in the rack . Great for future reference as well.
A great magazine .
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club