Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil leak

I am sure getting discouraged . I was sure I almost had this car on the road . Now I find the rear main seal is leaking again. Looks like another tear down and rebuild again. I will check again tomorrow and make sure but I cant even think of checking it tonite. Might decide to sell it cheap if this keeps up. Still havent even got it started.
Oh well thems the breaks.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Oil leak

Ken- Any progress on that oil leak? The problem is that the bolts along the side of the pan cannot help with where you want to cinch the pan down along the front and back. Use a new soft cork gasket and whatever gasket sealant you prefer. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: Oil leak

Ross
I figure to use some sort of sealant -Havent yet decided what but will get something. Gaskets all look good and they are all fairly new and still guite soft so should be okay. Going to put it back together tomorrow. Then if the little beast will start I will find out.
Thanks for the suggestion .
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club