Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East Coast Chapter Meet

Fresh back from the recent East Coast Chapter Meet in Charleston and had a great time seeing everyone. Weather was great, not too hot and the rain held out for us. Tour of the Hunley Submarine was exceptional and the bus tour around Charleston was great. Hope everyone else had a great time but sorry that some are going back into snow this morning. Hope everyone made it home nice and safe.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: East Coast Chapter Meet

I had a wonderful time. I learned a lot more about Charleston than before and thoroughly enjoyed the comradeship with the Durant members. To those of you who have never met Ralph Woodward,,,,,,,,, You missed out!!!!!! Ralph is an asset to any gathering.
I awoke at 2am Sunday morning and decided this is a good a time as any to hit the road back home. Just out of Charleston the bottom fell out of the clouds and poured all the way thru Augusta, Ga.
I slept late this morning but will now unload my truck and start piddling on the D60 a bit.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Hi Guys: We got home at 7:30 monday stayed in VA for the night after driving 11 hrs in the rain it was enough drove the 3 hrs this morning in the rain but at least it wasnt snow. Hope thoes going in that direction got there safely. We had a great time as always. And I agree Don. Ralph can always keep me laughing, thanks Ralph. Cant wait for the next time we get together again that we can attend.

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi All.....

Cathy & I got home last evening.

The further north we came the more we wanted to turn around and go back! Had some snow in the mountains of West Virginia. The Pittsburgh weather men where calling for 4-6 inches of snow. But there accuracy record is still intact.....we didn't get ANY snow!

Thanks Mike for putting together another EXCELLENT meet. Thanks to all who attended, you truly are the reason we all have so much fun!

Plans are already under way for next years event. It should be something all will "love"

We will try and book Ralph for next years show also.

This was a real "Durant Motors" event. You had to be there to understand.

Cathy wants me to install her new "hood ornament" that Don Shilling brought all the way from Texas!

See Y'all in Traverse City........

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Wish we could have been there. I'm sure Ralph was very entertaining [does Judy get that every day] and that the weather was good. We will see you all in Traverse City

Where Are You From? Whitby, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 or 3

We made it home about midnight Sunday night after a 3 hour layover in Detroit for a 25 minute flight to Grand Rapids. We also had a great time and wish more members would attend as they really don't know what they are missing! We are looking forward to Traverse City!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Sorry we had to cancel on what I know must have been an excellent meet.
Had cataract surgery on the left eye the Monday before the meet and scheduled for right eye this coming Monday.
Hopefully we can attend the Annual Meet in Traverse City.

Yates and Doris

Where Are You From? Four Oaks ,NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23Durant A22 Touring

Peg and I arrived home from Charleston this morning (Tuesday), after the first 12 hours of our trip dubbed "the trip from Hell", the remainder of the trip was very nice. I was fascinated with the tour of the CSA Hunley, and even having been on a submarine tender for two years, it was most enlightening. I was stationed in Charleston (as was Don Shilling) in the mid 1960's, but I have never taken a guided tour of Charleston, again we are really glad that we did.

We stayed a couple extra days, and while it poured in Charleston on Sunday, we went to the Charleston Tea Plantation. Wow, I have been a tea drinker for 35 years, and I learned more about tea in 15 minutes than I have my entire life. FYI: ALL tea, yes ALL tea comes from the same plant and tea leaves, the only difference is how long the oxidation process lasts. And yesterday we went to Sullivan's Island to photograph a lighthouse.

Cannot wait for Traverse City, more lighthouses to photograph.

Bravo Zulu to Mike for putting together a nice East Coast Meet. And thanks Mike, we brought home a six pack of the CherryWine Soda.

It was great to see everyone, and Ralph was a great sport, although I hope that we do not adopt is hat as the DMAC hat!

Between now and Traverse City, Peg and I have about 25,000 air miles to travel, but we will be there, will YOU?

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

WELL YATES, I MISSED OUT ALSO....GUESS WE WILL NEED OUR SCOOTER RACES TO BE LATER.....BUT I BETTER WARN YOU...I SIGNED UP FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS TODAY SO MY SCOOTER MAY BE CARRYING LESS B-S--- when we get to michigan..hahahahha....HOPE YOUR EYE WORK GOES WELL....MARCIA WAS HAPPY WITH HERS....REGARDS , GARY K

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3

Glad everyone had fun at the event. Charlie I've had some of that Charleston Tea and I like it. Bet many people didn't know we had a tea plantation in the U.S. For those that don't know what Cheerwine is, it's a Southern thang, and you have to be down South to get it. The nector of the gods as far as I'm concerned! Hope to see you all in Traverse City!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

The Durant Motors Automobile Club