Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
. . . looking for photo . . .

We owned a 1931 Durant panel delivery truck. I learned to drive in it. Does anyone have a photo of such and animal?

Where Are You From? Vancouver, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Used to.

Re: . . . looking for photo . . .

George,

We don't have a piture o fa 1930 Panel truckm but we do have two 1928 Panel trucks in the Photographs setion under Durant. Under 1928 look for:

1928 - Panel Truck - Ken Oaksford
1928 - Panel Truck - Carl Rienhardt

Rick

Re: . . . looking for photo . . .

George, look in Terry's site under 1931 Rugby.

http://www.durantcars.com/catalogs/rugby/31m614.shtml

The truck line were called Rugby's. I just noticed it showing two windshield wipers instead of the one they had. Artist's rendering only. None 1930 - 32 had two vacuum windshield wipers Durant, Frontenac, or DeVaux. Hard enough to get one working, and two forget it, grin.

I have a 1932 618 ad for an Ottawa dealer, from Leaside, that shows the same thing of double wipers. The car is shown as deluxe 618 sedan but rad shell is straight with stone guard of the 1932 614, also hood of the 614 like I own. I am missing the guard and sure no 2nd wiper. 618 has an entirely different rad shell shape and hood. Looks like they used a 614 and called it a 618 in the artist's rendering.

That caused me to look at the two 1933 Durant 633's photos. The coup has one wiper and the sedan has two above the windshield.???? More mysteries Why would one car actually have two wipers 1933 when nothing else did ? Pics I have of 1933 Continental's show one only bottom of windshield which would be the same for our Frontenac's.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club